Tarp
    D;Y;I
    Insulation
    incubator 0 deg
    Suspension
    tree straps
    Images

ridge line to tight ???

hey there, I just got home from a night in the woods with my W DL T and just could`nt get it sorted, only the third time ive used it and after the first two hangs thought i had it dialed in and managed to get real comfortable in.. I tried raising the foot end higher, cheeked the hammock was centered between the trees, changing the height of the straps seemed to get the sag right i did notice the ridge line was real tight when i lay in it.. is this a case that the trees were too close together or too far apart or could the ridge line have moved or stretched ?? need to get some sleep but any comments would be appreciated

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by whazzzup View Post
    hey there, I just got home from a night in the woods with my W DL T and just could`nt get it sorted, only the third time ive used it and after the first two hangs thought i had it dialed in and managed to get real comfortable in.. I tried raising the foot end higher, cheeked the hammock was centered between the trees, changing the height of the straps seemed to get the sag right i did notice the ridge line was real tight when i lay in it.. is this a case that the trees were too close together or too far apart or could the ridge line have moved or stretched ?? need to get some sleep but any comments would be appreciated
    Once you have the lay dialed in, the correct sag, your ridgeline just keeps it there. If it is too tight, then most likely the trees are to far apart for the suspension/strap height. Either find trees a little closer, or raise the straps up the tree. I have hung mine with the ridge just right, and had had it very tight, the lay in the hammock is always the same. As for the ridgeline stretching, depends on WHAT it is made from. Mine is zing-it. And I haven't had any problems with stretch. I have also used amsteel for the ridge, with no problems.
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

• + New Posts