Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Found a source for multicam ripstop

Found a source for multicam fabric including ripstop that I thought I would share with the group. You can buy directly from the manufacturer.

http://duroindustries.com.s134272.gr...?page=Multicam
    Last edited by docmusolf; 09-24-2012 at 12:53.

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    What would be its use? What is that NanoSphere treatment?

It looks like an effective camoflage but I'm looking for tarp material. I wonder what that NonoSphere treatment might be.

Mike

Hammock
    HammockBliss no see um
    Suspension
    home made webbing
    Images
    ZETA
    70D 1.9oz Nylon DWR Finish
    http://duroindustries.com.s134272.gr...n-DWR-finished

This one says:
    Specs:
    This product has a water repellant finish.
    This product is IR compliant.
    Last edited by Terry_Dodson; 09-23-2012 at 11:44. Reason: changing color of text

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    So is this all the same standard woodland camo pattern? I didn't see anywhere to select other patterns.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    So is this all the same standard woodland camo pattern? I didn't see anywhere to select other patterns.
    It's all Multicam not Woodland camo. AFAIK there is only one multicam, I don't think they make different varieties of it.. its a one size fits all camo pattern.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by "standard woodland camo" are you talking about the US M81 woodland pattern ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodland_(camouflage) )? I think this sight only sells the new Multicam pattern. The old M81 pattern, though very good in dense forest, jungle and scrub tends to "blob out" in open grass lands, desserts and against snow. As my camo stuff wears out I'm replacing it with Multicam, even though the new pattern is much more expensive, it should save me from having to purchase duplicate clothing items for varying seasons and enviroments. For example now my early season duck hunting clothes are the green heavy M81 woodland pattern and then for late season I switch out to a dead marsh kinda of brown/tan heavy option. Multicam should serve well in both cases and should also do well enough in a deer stand, where people tend to use the camo patterns that look like trees. I don't use the tree/forest based camo , because my philosophy of camo is if it doesn't look like anything, it shouldn't draw the eye to it. That is why I'm a recent big fan of the Multicam.

I think this stuff may have use as a winter tarp for use with a stove jack BETA
    70D NYLON FR COATED, http://duroindustries.com.s134272.gr...0d-1-9oz-nylon , it'd be pretty heavy though. A body might be better off carrying more down filled quilts and bags instead of a heavy tarp and wood stove, of coarse it depends on the type of trip they're on.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast 71 View Post
    I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by "standard woodland camo" are you talking about the US M81 woodland pattern ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodland_(camouflage) )? I think this sight only sells the new Multicam pattern. The old M81 pattern, though very good in dense forest, jungle and scrub tends to "blob out" in open grass lands, desserts and against snow. As my camo stuff wears out I'm replacing it with Multicam, even though the new pattern is much more expensive, it should save me from having to purchase duplicate clothing items for varying seasons and enviroments. For example now my early season duck hunting clothes are the green heavy M81 woodland pattern and then for late season I switch out to a dead marsh kinda of brown/tan heavy option. Multicam should serve well in both cases and should also do well enough in a deer stand, where people tend to use the camo patterns that look like trees. I don't use the tree/forest based camo , because my philosophy of camo is if it doesn't look like anything, it shouldn't draw the eye to it. That is why I'm a recent big fan of the Multicam.

I think this stuff may have use as a winter tarp for use with a stove jack BETA
    70D NYLON FR COATED, http://duroindustries.com.s134272.gr...0d-1-9oz-nylon , it'd be pretty heavy though. A body might be better off carrying more down filled quilts and bags instead of a heavy tarp and wood stove, of coarse it depends on the type of trip they're on.
    It just looked alot like woodland camo to me but I just wasn't versed on the multicam. Looks like multicam is more versatile.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    It just looked alot like woodland camo to me but I just wasn't versed on the multicam. Looks like multicam is more versatile.
    Here's what wiki has to say about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multicam . I think it's versatility is it's strongest pro. Maybe not perfect in every environment, but pretty good most of them.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up, would be a nice tarp for stealth.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Their Zeta 70D 1.9 oz/sy looks good for a hammock body at a reasonable price. The Epsilon 40D 1.55 oz/sy also looks good but is too pricey.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast