Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
I'll bring a box of Hot Hands - a couple of them spread around inside your bag will keep you warm all night. I've used them with great success when my gear wasn't exactly up to snuff.

If that fails, hot water inside a Nalgene can keep you even warmer. You'll be camping with a bunch of people who know cold-weather camping, and we'll make sure you have all the opportunity in the world to stay warm.
HF is such an awesome place.

I guess there are probably ways to pull it off. We bought the bags like 3 years ago, way before I found out about hammocks and this place, and certainly before I would have considered camping that cold, lol. Now I'm already planning on eventually doing sub-zero camping once I get geared up.

We'll have our dogs, too, which will probably want to be in the bags with us, which will also help keep us and them warm. And I've got a ton of Reflectix that we can lay on, though I worry about condensation, especially at those temps.

One of the issues, too, is my wife. I know I would be able to pull it off, but she's a pretty cold sleeper. We can probably both pull it off with some tips from y'all. We usually sleep on one of those ridiculous inflatable mattresses when car camping. Would that be a bad idea in such cold weather? What would be the most effective way to layer reflectix, a sleeping pad, the sleeping bags, and random blankets and stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
You need to get some better bags/top quilts though
No worries, my birthday and Christmas "wishlists" for the next three years are populated with hammock gear. This Christmas should bring me a nice down underquilt and top quilt. I'ma workin' on it.

Maybe I should look into renting a couple 0° bags from REI or something. That would make me feel a lot better about things, lol.