Greetings all,

Hope this is the correct place to post such a question - been lurking these forums lately, researching and such. Finally got around to installing a set-up for my (hopefully soon to be) future sleeping device!

I could not locate a sufficiently spaced stud to hang the eye-bolts from - so i decided to drill a 'stud' of sorts into the walls - so far they seem to be holding up ok. (and i'm a big guy, 6'3 tall) - however, my only problem is the height/dip of the hammock - it just doesn't feel right. I think I have to space the hooks out further - however, I have limited width to the room. At the moment it is 295cm wide (eye bolt to eye bolt) with the eye-bolts 186cm and 196cm high each side respectively. However, plan Z, I could potentially add an extra 114cm width (which would involve drilling more holes into my rented house, something i'd rather not do)

The Hammock is Brazilian, so i'm guessing its a Brazilian hammock, if that helps? The possible solution i've come to would be to shorten the strings that connect to the hook by looping a section of it around the mallion hook - however I'm not sure how safe or how stupid an idea that might be? Would the strings support that? Any thoughts?

Below are some images of the set-up (apologies for the tightness of some shots, my lens on my camera isn't wide enough to take the full hammock in)

eye-bolt mallion hook stud set-up:

wide shot of current dip:

type of hammock

possible solution with shortened looped strings:

Hammock dip with both sides shortened/looped:

Thanks for your time and would really appreciate any help or thoughts,