Hammock
    Clark Vertex, TLDN, or GT single
    Tarp
    Clark vertex tarp
    Insulation
    TQ-WL King UQ-AENR
    Suspension
    whoopies w/DB
    I've never had an issue either....just stuff it in the stuff sack.

Hammock
    WBRR DL
    Tarp
    BMJ
    Insulation
    HG UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    I converted my WBBB to Dutch hooks and whoopie slings. Now I just unhook the whoopie slings, wind them around my hand into a loop so they don't get tangled and then put them in the ziplock bag where I keep my tree straps, tarp ridge line and stakes. The hammock goes into the bishop bag that came with my hammock.

My tarp on the other hand is the issue with the four tie out lines. I usually just stuff it in the mesh pocket on the outside of my ULA Catalyst but the lines get tangled up.

--louis

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Zeppelin, MobilMum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    HAMMOCK
    I've got a WBBB (what I do would work for any hammock with an integrated bugnet.

I stuff the zipper side line into the hammock and zip it up. I take the other side line and wrap it around the hammock to gather everything together (similar in function to a hammock sock).

I then stuff everything into the 2 sided stuff sack with the whoopie lines hanging out.

I then stuff the whoopies in on top.

I then roll up the tree straps and stuff them in next.

I keep my toggles in a small stuff sack with my stakes.

TARP
    For my tarp I remove my 4 guy lines and stuff them in the bottom of my tarp stuff sack.

I then stuff my tarp into the stuff sack.

I then roll up the ridgeline and put it in on top.

The stakes go in a common stake bag with my hammock stakes and toggles.

PRO TIP #37: I have a silver whoopie on the head side of my hammock and a black whoopie on the foot side so I can quickly tell which side I'm working with during setup.

Sean

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by louisfb View Post
    I converted my WBBB to Dutch hooks and whoopie slings. Now I just unhook the whoopie slings, wind them around my hand into a loop so they don't get tangled and then put them in the ziplock bag where I keep my tree straps, tarp ridge line and stakes. The hammock goes into the bishop bag that came with my hammock.

My tarp on the other hand is the issue with the four tie out lines. I usually just stuff it in the mesh pocket on the outside of my ULA Catalyst but the lines get tangled up.

--louis
    I might need to go this route, or similar. My suspension is 1/8 Amsteel though instead of the size that the Dutch Hooks are made for. I guess a fixed loop on either end with maybe a small biner to whoopie slings that marlinspike to my tree straps?

Too many options! lol

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    I'll start off by saying that I use a single line suspension (SLS, a version of BearChaser's system) with the tarp attached to the suspension. The suspension and tarp are all carried in one bag,approx 4"x 14", with the suspension and tarp stuffed into the bag from the hugger on one end through to the hugger on the other end . The hammock is kept in a seperate bag. On arrival at the hang site, open the bag attach one hugger to a tree walk the rest of the suspension and tarp out to the opposite tree, attach the second hugger and tighten the suspension. At this point the tarp is hanging from the suspension. Remove the tarp stakes from the bag and guy the tarp out. I can do it faster than I can type it. The hammock is still in it's dry bag waiting to be hung at my convenience. When packing up just reverse the procedure. Unhook the hammock and store in it's bag while still dry under the tarp. Remove the stakes from the tarp guys and shake the dew off the tarp. Remove one hugger and begin stuffing the hugger, suspension,tarp, suspension and last hugger into their bag. The hammock is dry and any moisture, sap, bird poop, etc is in a mesh bag carried outside the pack.
    Can't wait to get my SLS system going!

Mike

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    HG: CF 4S
    Insulation
    HG: TQ. UQ
    Suspension
    WS and Dutch Hooks
    I converted my WBBB to the Dutch hook system. There are continous loops at either end of my hammock, one red at the head, the other gray at the foot. I have a cuben double sided stuff sack that is just big enough for my hammock with my UQ attatched. So, I detach the Dutch hook on one end, stuff the WBBB and attached Pheonix into the sack and then detach the other end. Next I recover the rest of the suspension, hank them up, then in the cuben stuff sack that came with my HG tarp. In that bag I keep all that could be wet, dirty or sticky and store it in an ouside pocket on the back of my pack. My stakes go in there too, though I am trying to use natural stakes weaning myself off of the Easton Aluminum. My Burrow goes in a cuben stuff sack in the bottom of my pack followed by the hammock/underquit, then cloths and so on. So far it works, but am always willing to try new ways of doing things. I really like the concept of haning the hammock from the tarp suspension. Hummm.
    "When you see something wobble, push it."
    - Unknown

Hammock
    DIY Pertex
    Tarp
    DIY with doors on
    Insulation
    Down and synthetic
    Suspension
    Whoopies & hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moel Siabod View Post
    In a recent bid to simplify my set up and take down I've dispensed with stuff sacks where possible. I was wasting time putting my hammock into a bag, that then went into a pack liner inside my pack. Why?

Now I just bundle up my hammock and wrap the loose whoopies around the bundle. Saves time, weight and effort. Joy!
    Same as this.
    The whole lot goes in in one into my rubble sack liner, inside my pack.

Quilts and hammock together.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fibre
    Insulation
    Winter Incubator
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I use a WBBB with adjustable webbing suspension. Not had any issues with tree sap as yet & if it's been a dry night I just stuff everything into the bishop bag together. If it's been wet and the straps are damp, I just remove them from the hammock altogether & put them in a seperate place in my backpack (eg in a sidepocket).

If there's a chance to dry them out the following day I'll just hang them loosely from my pack somehow & let them air-dry as I walk to my next location.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fibre
    Insulation
    Winter Incubator
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I use a WBBB with adjustable webbing suspension. Not had any issues with tree sap as yet & if it's been a dry night I just stuff everything into the bishop bag together. If it's been wet and the straps are damp, I just remove them from the hammock altogether & put them in a seperate place in my backpack (eg in a sidepocket).

If there's a chance to dry them out the following day I'll just hang them loosely from my pack somehow & let them air-dry as I walk to my next location.

Hope this is helpful :O)

Hammock
    Bonefire whisper/Airship
    Tarp
    Airship
    Insulation
    WB Yeti//HG TQ
    Suspension
    All in one
    Images
    I never have an issue either . im using the ENO and i unhook one side and just roll it all into my hammock. That being said i saw where some folks had wet woopies so if i encounter this i will have to rethink the way i do it now.
    Don't be scared ,it's just a beard.

My youtube videos on Hiking ,Camping & Cooking

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast