Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    grannypat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In the woods outside of Westminster, SC
    Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Posts
    3,315

    Need tarp--who is having a sale soon?

    I have the stock tarp for my HH Exped and I have a Kelty Noah's 12. Now I need a medium size tarp like the Tadpole, Edge, etc. Which vendors traditionally have sales coming up?
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

  2. #2
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hook
    Posts
    8,183
    Images
    3
    Black Friday is a popular time for sales with cottage vendors.

  3. #3
    Paulie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Hammock
    DH, WBBB, JBD
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Posts
    746
    Wilderness Logics has monthly sales. Looks like a couple tarps are featured this month....though I'm not sure either is what you're looking for...

    http://www.wildernesslogics.com/Mont...ecials_c26.htm

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    N.Tonawanda, NY
    Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition A-sym Classic
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    Pads
    Suspension
    Stock or DIY
    Posts
    51

    Tarps on sale

    Doesn't HH have a Demo/Seconds sale in October? Grannypat, I have the same setup with the stock tarp and a Kelty Noah's Tarp 12. Do you set up the Kelty lean-to style? It really is versatile if you experiment with the tie downs. A little big for ultralight, but it has saved the day on more than a few trips so far for my family.

  5. #5
    grannypat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In the woods outside of Westminster, SC
    Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by ntfd60 View Post
    Doesn't HH have a Demo/Seconds sale in October? Grannypat, I have the same setup with the stock tarp and a Kelty Noah's Tarp 12. Do you set up the Kelty lean-to style? It really is versatile if you experiment with the tie downs. A little big for ultralight, but it has saved the day on more than a few trips so far for my family.
    I usually set the kelty up in porch mode, sometimes set it up with the ends like doors. It could also be used as a group tarp over a picnic table, etc. I like it's versatility and coverage in sideways rain, but also want a smaller option.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

  6. #6
    grannypat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In the woods outside of Westminster, SC
    Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by rcracin24 View Post
    Wilderness Logics has monthly sales. Looks like a couple tarps are featured this month....though I'm not sure either is what you're looking for...

    http://www.wildernesslogics.com/Mont...ecials_c26.htm
    Thanks RCracin, I've looked at those and they are just a bit bigger than I want.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

  7. #7
    mountainhanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hammond In
    Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    Posts
    1,163
    grannypat, take a look at the dd 3x3, offers versatality while not overbearing, set it high for smaller "footprint" overhead yet you can set it low and diagonal for max coverage..its heavier but takes a beating.. just a thought they might have a smaller one too not sure,, yep they do heres the link to their tarp page
    http://www.ddhammocks.com/products/tarps
    great service and they ship right away..
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

  8. #8
    grannypat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In the woods outside of Westminster, SC
    Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainhanger View Post
    grannypat, take a look at the dd 3x3, offers versatality while not overbearing, set it high for smaller "footprint" overhead yet you can set it low and diagonal for max coverage..its heavier but takes a beating.. just a thought they might have a smaller one too not sure,, yep they do heres the link to their tarp page
    http://www.ddhammocks.com/products/tarps
    great service and they ship right away..
    But they aren't on sale. I'm genetically encoded to be unable to pay full price for things.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

  9. #9
    Senior Member zukiguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rockledge, FL
    Hammock
    HH Explorer UL 2Q zip
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Sil
    Insulation
    Te-wa standard
    Suspension
    JRB Whoopies
    Posts
    1,217
    Images
    6
    So long as you're not adverse to "used" just keep an eye on the forum here. Surely someone is upgrading and will be selling off their gently used gear to fund the purchase. I love the ultralite crowd. I've picked up some of my best gear 2nd hand from them.....

  10. #10
    grannypat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In the woods outside of Westminster, SC
    Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by zukiguy View Post
    So long as you're not adverse to "used" just keep an eye on the forum here. Surely someone is upgrading and will be selling off their gently used gear to fund the purchase. I love the ultralite crowd. I've picked up some of my best gear 2nd hand from them.....
    Used is fine--my TQ and UQ are both pre-owned.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Similar Threads

  1. DIY Cat Cut Tarp For Sale
    By Boothill in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-10-2014, 20:16
  2. Tarp Sale
    By Gresh in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-25-2013, 18:24
  3. JRB tarp for sale
    By 1022 in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 02:11
  4. tarp sale
    By warbonnetguy in forum Warbonnet Hammocks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-20-2012, 14:57
  5. TQ, UQ & Tarp for sale
    By Bat in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-17-2011, 17:30

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •