WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Inspired by Shug I decided to get out in the cold weather and do a little bit of day hiking on this new day of 2009. Not sub zero temps but in the mid-20’s. And the sun was out!

It was nice to have the TTTM Compact Hammock on the shelf to throw in day pack. Walked to woods near my house that have plenty of trails hacked out by the local mountain bike club that surround a town reservoir. When I got tired I threw up the hammock, sat and made cocoa and instant soup for lunch. Then I relaxed in hammock and watched sky, squirrels, and birds for a while. Glad to have sit pad and second light jacket to put under me for insulation when wind whipped up. There’s usually deer in this area but I didn’t see any today.

As I suspected earlier, this hammock is the one I want when using a day pack. The one I want when doing day long activities -- rail trail biking, picnics, day hikes, family gatherings, festivals, scout activities. Anytime I think it’s going to be a long day and I want to take a “comfy break,” I’ll want this hammock in the pack. It’s a light, simple, compact hammock. Perfect for my day pack. I thought I’d use my DIY hammock for this purpose but find I like the smaller size and simplicity of the TTTM Compact Hammock better.

Because of the colder weather I haven’t spent any long hours in this hammock, so I can’t report on that type of comfort level yet but still plan to report on that when the weather warms up.
    Last edited by HappyCamper; 01-01-2009 at 15:46.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Oops. Forgot. No video but did take a quick snap. I didn't use tree huggers this time and didn't see any damage to tree upon inspection, but wished I had brought them. Just a tree hugger type gal, I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DougTheElder View Post
    Dang! Happy Camper, I thought I was a gearaholic, but you need help! I know this makes at least one Hennessey, a couple, or more,DIY'ers, and now a TTM. Plus tents (ugh!), pads, multiple packs, tarps-a-plenty, and probably things you're secretly hoarding without telling a soul. Where will all this end? Ain't it fun!!!!!!!!!!
    I know what you mean. That's why I am getting rid of many of mine now. I had ten in the closet and could only think of a way to use one at a time. Seemed like every time I would make a new style hammock I would make two more the same to share with my sons, and, well, you know....
    Mule
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12