Hammock
    DIY double layer
    Tarp
    Old Eddie Bauer
    Insulation
    Bag and pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I don't even have basic cable because network TV is crap. We now just use our flat screen to watch Youtube. That being said, the videos that you, Fronkey, Grizz and the like are the only reality shows worth anything.

Keep up the excellent work!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest... So far
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Cheeseburgers
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Shug, had I not stumbled upon your Youtube channel I never would have known about this forum and before watching your videos I only had one old net hammock that I never used (the kids played with it)... I now own five nice Hammocks

You have brought many into the fold and you deserve a "Thankee feller" and much more for your efforts. Plus your videos are just plain FUN to watch.
    "Think Outside the Tent"

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    I agree with every one else-you make the learning process fun. Should have had you for most of my classes!
    I was a hanger long before encountering Shugvids; but Shug did motivate me to embrace the cold weather hangs and I've used many of his tips. My fav is the frost bib and the vest as auxiliary underquilt for the feet.
    A lot of people here at HF have many talents, Shug is one of our brightest stars though and I'd bet many here have wonders we don't even know about.
    Looking forward to the next vid Shugmerry

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadphans View Post
    Cheers shug. I think your videos sometimes end up being hammock propaganda because you are always hanving so much fun. So when an interested in hanging person comes along and sees you having so much fun they too want to have so much fun!
    Congrats on passing the 10000 mark!
    Fun.....that is the key element.

Quote Originally Posted by Resqsarge03 View Post
    You are a natural and entertaining example to many of us and you provide great information too. Im glad your videos are out there for folks to find when their curious fingers type hammock in google. Your humor, irreverence, and humility are what makes it all the better.
    Lol- who would have thought a simple hammock could get so complicated?
    True....they can seem complicated.
    Along with YT stature also comes the rude, vile comment. I have learned to accept them as part of the Internet Culture. I do delete the real dirty profanity laden ones. And....try to be a smart-alec back rather than sending back hate.
    Still bothers me sometime but not everyone is going to like a feller.
    Someday I want to take that 10 part hammock series and re-do it in one or two videos without all the self-indulgent fun for the "impatient-get to the facts" folks.
    Maybe.
    More likely not. Not sure I can.

Quote Originally Posted by STinGa View Post
    Congrats Shug,

Like so many here, your videos played a part in me becoming a hanger. I have always had a hammock in my camping kit, but never extended the use to a full night's sleep.

You have that special quality that so many teachers don't have ... being able to add humor to the lesson. Granted, camping and hammocking are more fun, but that is beside the point.

Again, congrats on the milestone.

STinGa
    Thanks a lot. Humor works for some....for some it just ruffles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    No truer words were ever spoken...er, typed. You are truly entertaining; so much TV programming sucks these days. And I bet I have watched that video of Aeriel's Hoops 20 times... She has skills man!

I do have one question though:
    Have you ever thought of a hammock sling shot stunt, or maybe trebuchet? I would PAY to see that!
    I love a trebuchet. I have large bungee. Game on))))))
    Thanks....I have watched Aerial's Hoops a lot as well. My favorite video.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Congrats on the 10,000+ Subscribers Shug! Your fame is Well deserved!

Shug's videos are both fun to watch and entertaining. Hardly realized i was actually learning some very useful things until watching again as reruns.

Hmmm. Currently waiting for a rainy afternoon with popcorn and replays of all Shug's videos - now there's a plan!
    Very cool. I have trouble watching myself! During editing I see enough of me to last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by timabababaluka View Post
    Nicely done, Sir, and well deserved!

While the hammocks do tend to draw curiosity, we know the true explanation is that no one can resist Ginger Power!
    I do feel like a SideShow at times. My curse and blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonByers View Post
    I just subscribed a week or so ago. You're a very entertaining fella. Congrats on the 10000+
    Thanks for that. I am surprised at the amount. Made a pact with myself from day one to never ask for people to "Like" or Subscribe to my videos. Even my daughter in college is impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by floorman View Post
    If everyone finds out about this crazy idea, we may run out of trees. I'm not really worried, most people aren't as smart as we are.
    Truth! I concur....we need those trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Congratulations and well deserved.
    I bow here.

Quote Originally Posted by XSrcing View Post
    I don't even have basic cable because network TV is crap. We now just use our flat screen to watch Youtube. That being said, the videos that you, Fronkey, Grizz and the like are the only reality shows worth anything.
    Keep up the excellent work!
    Terrific to hear. I do not have cable either.

Quote Originally Posted by Overgrown View Post
    Shug, had I not stumbled upon your Youtube channel I never would have known about this forum and before watching your videos I only had one old net hammock that I never used (the kids played with it)... I now own five nice Hammocks
    You have brought many into the fold and you deserve a "Thankee feller" and much more for your efforts. Plus your videos are just plain FUN to watch.
    Glad you found it here.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    I agree with every one else-you make the learning process fun. Should have had you for most of my classes!
    I was a hanger long before encountering Shugvids; but Shug did motivate me to embrace the cold weather hangs and I've used many of his tips. My fav is the frost bib and the vest as auxiliary underquilt for the feet.
    A lot of people here at HF have many talents, Shug is one of our brightest stars though and I'd bet many here have wonders we don't even know about.
    Looking forward to the next vid Shugmerry
    Cold weather looms....lets have it.
    Shall I video my ballet exploits or my bassoon playing????
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    still deciding
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Congrats on 10K. This forum and your videos have reformed me from my tenting ways!

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    I think humor should dispersed within every walk of life. no sense of humor = unhappy person. When watching your videos it reminds me of what I try to do for my son and my cubscouts. Fun + knowledge = learned. ok enough with the mathematics this is a hammock forum we don't need mathematics... Congrats I am proud to be one of the 10000.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    HG: CF 4S
    Insulation
    HG: TQ. UQ
    Suspension
    WS and Dutch Hooks
    I was well on my way to an alternative camping style hanging in the wood. Shug along with this forum answered my questions and got me to hang in warmth and comfort and I am not sure that would of been the case otherwise. So, I consider myself saved and Shugmotized!

Congratulations on your 10,000+
    "When you see something wobble, push it."
    - Unknown

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Congrats on the 10! I'm definitely guilty of watching and re-watching your videos over and over. The info is wonderful and thanks to you and hammock forums I'm a converted hammock camper!
    What that means is something happened...

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    I too found this forum only through your videos.....and thanks to you, my PayPal account has never seen this much activity.

Thank you for all your humor and teaching.

Commit your ways to the LORD and He shall direct your path
    (Proverbs 3:5) ........which is good, because I like to walk down lots of paths.

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Major congrats Shugrow my friend on the big 10K. Can't think of anyone I know that deserves as big an atta'boy as you do my friend!!!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast