ENO DN, DIY g.e. 1.9
    Tarp
    Kelty 9
    Insulation
    Bag, foam or wool
    Suspension
    Straps, Whoopies

DIY better for me than ENO DN

Yep, after several months of testing and wiggling around to get a diagonal lay I finally figured out... an ENO DN is simply too short for me. I'm only 6'4", by far not the tallest hanger on HF. I found that when I hung in my DIY 11' 1.9 SL Ripstop hammock I was comfy, got a really flat lay and had very minimal shoulder squeeze. (I gots WIDE shoulders) I just couldn't get the same comfort in my ENO, but you know how it is with store bought stuff... I just kept thinking 'What's wrong with me that I can't get comfy in this Hammock?' Then I noticed my ENO is about 2 full feet shorter than my DIY. I guess my friend will get herself an ENO DN instead of the cool apple green tablecloth hammock I made for her.

Hammock
    DIY w/ MSB, MMG Bivy Hammock
    Tarp
    12x10 Ripstop DIY
    Insulation
    DIY 2/3 PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie/webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AT4ever View Post
    Yep, after several months of testing and wiggling around to get a diagonal lay I finally figured out... an ENO DN is simply too short for me. I'm only 6'4", by far not the tallest hanger on HF. I found that when I hung in my DIY 11' 1.9 SL Ripstop hammock I was comfy, got a really flat lay and had very minimal shoulder squeeze. (I gots WIDE shoulders) I just couldn't get the same comfort in my ENO, but you know how it is with store bought stuff... I just kept thinking 'What's wrong with me that I can't get comfy in this Hammock?' Then I noticed my ENO is about 2 full feet shorter than my DIY. I guess my friend will get herself an ENO DN instead of the cool apple green tablecloth hammock I made for her.
    Had much the same results with my DIY versus my ENO SN. Got even better results after adding Redoleary's MSB.

• + New Posts