Gt UL, 1.7 wbbb
    Tarp
    GG, monsoon,suprfl
    Insulation
    PLUQ, jarbidge, di
    Suspension
    Whoopie wb-strap
    Images
    what is the difference between the Explorer deluxe classic and ultralight?
    Dammfast

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe Zip
    Tarp
    HH Poly Hex
    Insulation
    Leighlo TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Carabiner & Rings

Finally

Quote Originally Posted by cdnrogue View Post
    Well, I finally did it!!!!!

I bought my first Explorer Deluxe zip with a hex fly and snake skins from this sale!

Now I have to wait for it to arrive. I had really wanted the Explorer Ultralight classic, but they were all sold out... oh well.

The hammock I bought doesn't come with a bag. Does anyone have any suggesttions where I can buy a good hammock bag?

Now I have to figure out what else to buy... Dutch Rings, Caribiner, rings, sleeping pad, pillow, overquilt, underquilt and umm, am I missing anything? I won't get it all, but atleast that is my plan! am I missing anything.
    Well finally my first Explorer hammock with a HH hex tarp finally came in. I would be out tonight if it wasn't for Sandy!
    I was just disappointed that the snake skin I ordered was no where to be found in the package. I have emailed HH and I hope we can find out what happen and when I will get my Snake skin.
    Just started hanging in 2012

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    Sarge, the conversion is so easy even a knoob like ma can do it! I cut the ziptie, installed a 12" continuous loop on each end leaving about a 4" loop on the ends of my UL EXP I scored in the Oct sale. That with two 6' whoopies and 2 nacrobiners I can get as close as 12' by using the whoopies in the 1/2 configuration, and maybe 20'. The 12' was important to me because that's my office hang span. I think it took me maybe 2 hours but I was watching football.

Good Luck, with the conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    Yah, that's the plan. I also hope to get some help converting the Expedition to whoopies while I'm there. The goal is a lighter weight set up than the DJ for those times when comfort is trumped by weight.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    I do not need a Safari even if it is only $49. I do not need a Safari even if it is only $49. I do not need a Safari even if it is only $49. I do not need a Safari even if it is only $49. I do not need a Safari even if it is only $49. I do not need a Safari even if it is only $49. I do not need a Safari even if it is only $49. I do not need a Safari even if it is only $49.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtwheels View Post
    Sarge, the conversion is so easy even a knoob like ma can do it! I cut the ziptie, installed a 12" continuous loop on each end leaving about a 4" loop on the ends of my UL EXP I scored in the Oct sale. That with two 6' whoopies and 2 nacrobiners I can get as close as 12' by using the whoopies in the 1/2 configuration, and maybe 20'. The 12' was important to me because that's my office hang span. I think it took me maybe 2 hours but I was watching football.

Good Luck, with the conversion.
    Thanks, but a lot of that goes right over my head. I'm a visual learner and I have to see things before I can completely understand them. Sometimes I think that if it wasn't for You Tube, I'd still be sleeping on the ground.

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    Thanks, but a lot of that goes right over my head. I'm a visual learner and I have to see things before I can completely understand them. Sometimes I think that if it wasn't for You Tube, I'd still be sleeping on the ground.
    I apologize for my lack of clarity, I attached the loops like the HH whoopie conversion videos show attaching the fixed eye of the whoopie. Then the whoopie attaches to the loop with a larks head. For short hangs I take the whoopie off of the loop and fold the whoopie in half around the loop and attach both the fixed eye and adjustable eye thru the nacrobiner.

How that's a little clearer.

Hammock
    HHEA, HHEUL, HHSD, GTUL
    Tarp
    DIY KindaLite 1.1
    Insulation
    TQ, DIY Fusion UQ
    Suspension
    W-Slings, Trunks
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaHanger View Post
    Still waiting on my OC and Cat Cape Tarp. I hope it comes in soon. I'm getting jealous of all you folks getting yours.

Edited post until I can talk to HH about my order, don't want to be throwing blame around.
    Last edited by CatSplat; 10-31-2012 at 10:00.

I do not need a Safari even if it is only $49. I do not need a Safari even if it is only $49. I do not need a Safari even if it is only $49. I do not need a Safari even if it is only $49. I do not need a Safari even if it is only $49. I do not need a Safari even if it is only $49. I do not need a Safari even if it is only $49. I do not need a Safari even if it is only $49.
    Are you subliminally trying to tell me I don't need a $49 safari or something... My wife has been trying to make me believe this baloney for like 2months (or longer, I've been eyeing them and planning to buy one since before the Fall Sprawl) - I don't think it's working... But seeing as how I just received notice that Hennessy shipped my package of two hammocks (vicariously buying gear through my friends...) and 5 snakeskins (don't ask) and no mention of a $49 safari on the packing slip, it must have worked... Dang Alphas, I must have been 'pushed' again...
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Yah, that's the plan. I also hope to get some help converting the Expedition to whoopies while I'm there. The goal is a lighter weight set up than the DJ for those times when comfort is trumped by weight.
    Check out YouTube.
    There is a great video titled "Hennessy Hammock whoopie sling swap"
    It is about a 10 min process. If you don't feel like trying it, I can show you how it's done at the Tx hang.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceweaseal View Post
    Check out YouTube.
    There is a great video titled "Hennessy Hammock whoopie sling swap"
    It is about a 10 min process. If you don't feel like trying it, I can show you how it's done at the Tx hang.
    Yah, that would be great. And if you know what catsplat is doing, I'd like to see about that---maybe Caveman can help. Twelve foot betwen trees would have helped us find a good campsite a bit last weekend.

• + New Posts
  • Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast