Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images

Hang In SLC Utah

OK so I am looking to get a annual Hang going on out here. Every time I come to this section I always see stuff going on back east, down south and somewhere in between but never out here. Just looking for suggestions but, some ideas would be Strawberry Res. or maybe the Lower Uinta's. Even down south say The Swell would be good too. Give a post if you have any ideas or are interested in getting this going.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I hope y'all can make it work. I'd like to see some hammocking pictures from out that way.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    If the hanging location is somewhere near a good rock climbing destination, there is a slim chance my girlfriend and I might try to make the long trip from Georgia for an excuse do some climbing. We've been wanting to hit some Utah destinations for a while now.

I'm not too familiar with the geography of the area, but some popular spots include Joe's Valley and Little Cottonwood Canyon.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I would be pretty interested. Are you looking to do a winter hang out or wait for the summer? I'm always looking for a reason to get back home! I cant ever get enough of the uinta's but anywhere works for me, mostly time and money that doesnt!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Man oh man I wish I could. I'm moving to Colorado late '09 or summer '10 for a few years...should be able to hit these pretty often at that time. Can't wait!

My wife said today that if we move up there in September, she'll go backpacking with me before the furniture even gets there. She's not a huge fan of camping; she just doesn't like Ft Bragg...but I'll take advantage of it just the same!

So I can't help much this year but maybe next winter.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadtorque View Post
    I would be pretty interested. Are you looking to do a winter hang out or wait for the summer? I'm always looking for a reason to get back home! I cant ever get enough of the uinta's but anywhere works for me, mostly time and money that doesnt!
    I was waiting a bit on this to get rollin a little more but I figured that not many more posts where going to come in. I am interested in the early/ mid spring (Flowers ) that would be really nice. I am mostly looking to avoid the skeeters, Uinta's are brutal at certain times of the year. Enough you know they are just laughing at you while in your bug net just waiting for nature to call so they can strike. However I am a very good bug repellent for others because if they are around they will find me first.

Lets shooting for this spring so give me dates if anyone can make it. I will find the spot and make the arrangements with the Forest Service if the group gets large enough to merit a reservation. I love annual outings and the idea of like minded people getting together for fun and laughs. I have a few I go to each year and always wanted to get one started. Besides the fact how many times do you come upon a bunch of Hammockers in the woods all in the same place. The humor factor in that alone is reason enough if you ask me.

• + New Posts