Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images

Hammock Bliss Bug Net

Hey all!
    Just Delivered
    I bought this from www.GoFASTandLIGHT.com. Patrick over there was a huge help answering my questions and his shipping time was great. Great guy. His site doesn't have to much for Hammocking but what he has is priced very well and again excellent customer service. Ordered it Monday and it got here this morning.

Now I am wondering how much of the Bug Net I can remove/ cut away and re-sew once I have it set up. It seems to have so much sag on the bottom I would think this thing would be OK to use with the largest of Hammocks (Outside of the Worlds Largest Hammock some one posted pics of) I found out of the box that it weighs 19.4 O.Z. and it states a weight of 17 O.Z. on the site. I think removing the stuff sack and some of the extra material I will be able to greatly reduce that weight past stated weight. So I will post pics soon.
    Last edited by RTR; 11-07-2008 at 12:45.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images

Last Night

Ok so I set everything up and think this will work for sure. It is very roomy inside and once I used the ropes to pull the netting up higher it was even better. Doesn't seem to hang on my face and I will be able to sit up and remove a shirt or jacket. Not much confinement at all. Craftmenship is great. This thing is built well and the netting is soft, strong and hole size is very tiny. Might be almost to warm in the the really hot summer days, I have a ceiling fan in my bedroom and could feel a very slight breeze coming through with the fan setting on low. So when the warm weather comes along we will see how she preforms. However I really cant go much lighter. Not sure the amount of Bug Netting I can remove would really take enough weight away to make the actual work involved worth it. I do like to hang low to the ground, mainly because I am short and like to sit in it with the ability to put my feet on the ground. But that causes an issue because the netting will drag on the ground. Another concern of mine is if I remove more netting I may not be able to have proper loft of my UQ. I haven't had a chance to set it up outside to allow me to hang higher because I am using the hooks in my bedroom that are not adjustable. I should be able to figure out how much material can be removed better once I have more time to mess around with it this weekend.

Hammock
    DIY Hennessey Style
    Tarp
    Mosquito Diamond
    Insulation
    30d Bag
    Suspension
    Rings
    I recently got one also. I ended up cutting 13" off the bottom!!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Island View Post
    I recently got one also. I ended up cutting 13" off the bottom!!
    Ok thanks for the starting point. Figured I could get at least a foot off too. Know what the end weight was?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    BWDD Winterdream
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Images
    I used mine at the last Hot Springs hangout. I figured I can take some off the bottom, too. I had my underquilt on with it, and it didn't come anywhere near the bottom of the netting. I was using it mostly to just use it because I was going to start there as a pattern for a hammock sock. I found it roomy if my ridgeline was high.
    Bad spellers of the world Untie!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images
    Yeah after I set it up this weekend and had someone else get in it, I noticed that there isn't much room once someone is in it for me to remove any fabric that would make any difference in weight. I have a really wide "Double" DIY'er. So sleeping on the angle takes up a lot of the sag from the netting. Think i am gonna leave it as is and see. I mean I could take like 5 inches off but the trouble involved with cutting the rounded bottom and resewing wouldn't be worth it IMO. I have a JRB Hudson River Quilt and it seems to be snug to the netting except on the very bottom. It doesn't take away any loft at all but it almost seems to help hold it closer to the hammock body better in spots like under the knees. I think the fact I don't have much room to remove any fabric is because my hammock has a very high RL and a bunch of sag. So I think if I remove any fabric it could actually compress the quilt and in turn loose warmth. I also fixed my issue with it dragging on the ground. Basically just hung it higher on the trees. My issue came because where I had it hung originally wasn't set high enough for the netting to be pulled up with the tie outs. Once I had more room to tie the netting ends up higher and also hang the hammock a few inches higher everything was fine. All in all excited to use this out on the trail may take a small hike this weekend to test weight and setup of the whole package. With the snow and crummy weather around here I should have the perfect cold/ wet weather test. Now all I need is to make my own tarp and sell my Clark JH to make some of my cash back and I am good.

Looks like the same thing. I have the bliss net and am satisfied with it but it is heavy.

On a side note: on that page you linked there is a link to a tarp off on the right side on the page. Click on it and tell me where the rest of that guys body is please! If apple include cut and paste on the itouch I'd link it for you.

BC

awesome- photoshop?

Quote Originally Posted by anewconvert View Post
    Looks like the same thing. I have the bliss net and am satisfied with it but it is heavy.

On a side note: on that page you linked there is a link to a tarp off on the right side on the page. Click on it and tell me where the rest of that guys body is please! If apple include cut and paste on the itouch I'd link it for you.

BC

• + New Posts