Tarp
    JRB 11X10 Cat
    Insulation
    JRB Winter Nest
    Suspension
    Straps and Rings

How to find Archived threads?

Hello all,
    I am trying to find a way to get into any old, archived threads. I looked everywhere I could think of for archives, but I can't find them. I do see references here and there to archives, but nooooooo.
    Also, while I'm here,
    I just bought a sewing maching and I'm looking for threads that will give me some tips and hints on sewing sylnylon and other lightweight fabrics. Since I'm not a complete masochist, I will put in plenty of practice with other fabrics before I go to the lightweight stuff, but any hints and help will be greatly and gratefully helpful.
    I suspect that if I search for sylnylon and/or sewing I will come up with about 300 pages of threads. I'm willing to work for this information, but I'm begging for help to narrow it down some.

Thanks,

Oak

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak View Post
    Hello all,
    I am trying to find a way to get into any old, archived threads. I looked everywhere I could think of for archives, but I can't find them. I do see references here and there to archives, but nooooooo.
    Some tips for searching -

- There really aren't any threads that are excluded from the search function due to age. The forum isn't old enough for that to be a factor. If you want to just look at things using the archive view, though, you can scroll to the very bottom right of the page and click the 'archive' button.

- In the normal search function, choose 'advanced search'. That will let you choose more specific criteria, namely changing the search dates to 'a year ago, and older' to really dig.

- Google is your friend. You can use Google to return search results from just this site by using the following method of entry into a Google search:

Google: your chosen search term site:hammockforums.net
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak View Post
    Hello all,
    Also, while I'm here,
    I just bought a sewing maching and I'm looking for threads that will give me some tips and hints on sewing sylnylon and other lightweight fabrics. Since I'm not a complete masochist, I will put in plenty of practice with other fabrics before I go to the lightweight stuff, but any hints and help will be greatly and gratefully helpful.
    I suspect that if I search for sylnylon and/or sewing I will come up with about 300 pages of threads. I'm willing to work for this information, but I'm begging for help to narrow it down some.

Thanks,

Oak
    I always end up searching on keywords that I hope appear in the postings or thread name. The forum provides a search mechanism (look under "search" up around the title bar), only recently have we started associating explicit keywords with threads, but you can search on content and have threads that contain that content returned.

The forum's search engine doesn't support complex queries, and I sometimes have better luck using google itself. You can limit the returns google gives on a keyword search to those pages that come from a specific site. So, for example
    bridge hammock -grizz site:hammockforums.net
    brings up postings on the bridge hammock that I didn't sign

Grizz

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    JRB 11X10 Cat
    Insulation
    JRB Winter Nest
    Suspension
    Straps and Rings
    Thanks gentlemen,
    I'll start digging.

Oak

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    If you find what you need, tag it for the rest of us.

• + New Posts