Hammock
    HHBPUL, DD Frontline
    Tarp
    Stock Hennessy Tar
    Insulation
    Exped 9 DLX
    Suspension
    Big Butt Whoopies
    I believe this why the Mods enforce the "no Gift" rule . The 'Purchase' option on Paypal offers some degree of protection for the buyer that the 'Gift' option does not.

My transactions have been good on this forum and others. One minor problem with a zipper on a piece of gear but after a lil' Google-Fu I was able to fix it easily. I asked the seller and he said he'd never had any problems so I chose to give benefit of the doubt. I have bought since and will again, if my wife and wallet allow !

Mr. Tattoo, congrats on the increase in your Karma quoitient.
    Hangin' High and Dry

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I too did the search thing and found the For Sale thread in question. Perhaps I'm reading it wrong, but in the thread, he doesn't say its from HG, he says it the same size as one. Although if he told the OP that it was a HG UQ in a private message, the mods can easily find that out and take care of the user in question. Not a good experience in any case, although I too am glad that the mods enforce the "No Gift" PP option.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhran4me View Post
    I believe this why the Mods enforce the "no Gift" rule . The 'Purchase' option on Paypal offers some degree of protection for the buyer that the 'Gift' option does not.
    Yes, that is a large part of the reasoning.

Luckily, these occurrences are the exception around here, not the rule. We'd all like to be able to say transactions here are safe 100%, but that simply isn't realistic. That's why we have all those rules and guidelines for the Marketplace; to try and limit these bad transactions. Still, they happen on occasion.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WWM,ENO SN, DIY,WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    DOWN :)
    Suspension
    Strap & Whoopie
    lilricky your reading is just fine ..It was told to me in a PM .....And to anyone that reads this please don't let this discourage you from purchasing from other members this is just a small ripple in a rather large glassy pond. There is a good chance that he would have refunded my $ but it was my choice not to pursue a refund. My whole point to this thread was to make people think before they try and misrepresent an Item they are selling. I sell gear on here and when I do I make sure they know exactly what they are getting.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End 1.9
    Tarp
    STS 10x10 Escapist
    Insulation
    DIY Full Length UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tattoo View Post
    lilricky your reading is just fine ..It was told to me in a PM .....And to anyone that reads this please don't let this discourage you from purchasing from other members this is just a small ripple in a rather large glassy pond. There is a good chance that he would have refunded my $ but it was my choice not to pursue a refund. My whole point to this thread was to make people think before they try and misrepresent an Item they are selling. I sell gear on here and when I do I make sure they know exactly what they are getting.
    You have an amazing attitude towards this. This is the reason why I feel comfortable buying and selling gear here. I too have had nothing but good experiences both as a seller and buyer.

I like FS ads that have detailed pictures of the product personally. I always have photos on my FS ads so everyone who views them know exactly what they're planning on buying.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    that stinks man.... but at least your not letting it bring you down
    i been buying and selling for years here and i can say it's rare to have this happen .. i'm sure it happens more than we as reg members know but from what i know of ,it's a rare thing.
    Knowing the mods like i do... i don't think we will have any problems for the said seller of the item
    they are pretty quick to fix problems ... that why we love them so much
    ... makes my heart warm
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Gotcha pal, sorry that happened to you, you're a good man to handle it the way you did. Hope to see you at the FL hang in Jan!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tattoo View Post

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    Suspension
    Strap & Whoopie
    G.L.P. you are right it is rare on here.. I am a donating member but I consider myself a guest on the forums and do not want to disrespect this site with negativity so i figure brush it off go to work tomorrow focus on my work and make some more $$ and get the real thing may take a little longer but it will be worth it.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    Suspension
    Strap & Whoopie
    lilricky cant wait for the FL Hang I think it will be a great time. See you there..

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    nice gear comes to good people....so i don't think you will be waiting long man
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast