wbbb XLC
    Tarp
    CubenWinter Palace
    Insulation
    Down TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    single ring
    Images
    Usually it's a pack of coyotes within a hundred yards or so. There is enough brush and undergrowth that I can never see them to get a shot at them.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    Way too noisy. I'm in Jersey and my neighbors are all on top of each other. Especially bad is my neighbors to the right of me, they are from Staten island, and are so loud and obnoxious. Always yelling at their kids and at each other, even at night. Not to mention their giant spot light that always shines in my backyard like a P.O.W. camp search light. Shame because I really want to hang in my backyard but it would be near impossible. :: shakes fist::
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    Noisy here as well. I have done it several times, but no where near as quiet as the piney woods.
    "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    There is a herd of deer that likes to walk around behind my home and have woken me up on many occasions. Especially when they wake up Kiba or Tala and they feel like chasing antlers.

Fronkey

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit
    Tarp
    Squidbilly 1000
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    adj web, whoopies
    Images
    Noisy enough I can't sleep well. It's just the accumulation of noise - AC units, traffic, dogs, humans (music, talking/yelling, etc), and some wildlife thrown in, too. Just one source isn't overpowering, but when you add it all up, it's much quieter inside.
    "There's not much of a learning curve with a tent. Lay on the ground and suffer; repeat as often as necessary." - Silvrsurfr

http://jnunniv.wordpress.com

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    Wow! and i thought my place was bad with trains a block away and major interstates two blocks away and some neighbors....well busy to say the least! but somehow when tired i can sleep at night,,,its the naps i miss espcially on the weekends!
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    I'm 600 feet from a busy railroad crossing, and 620 feet from a highway. There's a large population of coyotes in the immediate area, dogs in the houses 600 feet to the south, 800 feet to the east, north east, and north

I sleep outside and inside with the windows open in all but the coldest and hottest weather.

I sleep like a baby.

But if I go someplace where its absolutely quiet, can't sleep worth a durn.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    If it had been our last house, I don't think I'd have ever slept: half a block away from a busy four-lane street, a quinceañera almost every weekend (which I actually kind of enjoyed--but SO noisy), car alarms going off, criminal types doing their thing (our 1st night, there was automatic (fully automatic) rifle fire just a block away), and at 4:30am when you finally drop off to sleep from sheer exhaustion you know that you only have half an hour till the rooster down the street starts doing his thing.

Could have been worse--could've had donkeys (you there, Cannibal? )

Now we just have ambient traffic noise interrupted only occasionally by some poor struggling soul who thinks his manhood is reflected by how loud and fast he can make his motorcycle go. There is also the lone all-night mocking bird, but I welcome and enjoy the song. I sleep like a baby after moving from the 1st place.

I think there is an old folktale that addresses this issue. If you are having trouble sleeping, get a pond full of bullfrogs, a lumberjack with his chainsaw, my youngest son with all our pots and pans and two wooden spoons, a chimpanzee with an airhorn, and a gas powered generator--sleep with them all for a week, and then take them all away... ah! Peace at last
    You're gonna need a bigger hammock

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    I've got a major thoroughfare directly on the other side of my fence. All the normal noises of a subdivision, ac units, slamming doors, and what nots. Across the street there is a donkey that likes to he and haw throughout the night and a rooster that likes to wake up around 0400. Dogs in every direction that will start barking when the donkey or rooster gets going. And a neighbor who likes to run his air compressor at random times throughout the night to work on his car, outside.

I sleep with my iPod in the backyard.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    Yukon Outfitters, WWBB
    Tarp
    superfly
    Suspension
    Woopies.
    My house is on the approach for the local municipal airport, life flight makes its appearance often as the hospital is three miles away. Window shaking base, fart can exhaust, and crotch rockets all day and night. And the nut jobs that use the cemetery behind the house to poach deer.

Yup it's nice and quiet here too.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast