Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL Black
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Mamba
    Suspension
    DIY DG Whoopies
    We were planning on leaving Fort Collins Friday afternoon, but our furnace at home decided it wasn't wanting to wake up for the season (figures...) so we had to sit around and wait for someone to come repair it before we left, then we got stuck in the traffic the homecoming game for CSU caused, and just gave up. Left Saturday morning and got there around noon some time and started getting introduced to everyone.

Mustardman and Mrs.Mustardman invited me to their castle of a setup under the new "MustardDog" stand to check out their BB and RR so I could hopefully make a decision. I was hoping it would be a "lay in each hammock a couple minutes, make up my mind" sort of deal, and that just was not the case. I ended up choosing the BB in the end (order placed as soon as I got home XD ), but it wasn't easy. I still think, very much, that a RR is in my future as well. Brandon did a fantastic job on that thing. Anywho, then the Mustards let me borrow a BB for the night, while Brandon let me borrow a Yeti and a sock. When I got all set up and laid down in the hammock, I was in absolute heaven: warm, comfortable, falling asleep... but then my wife called me from the t**t. She and the dogs were really cold. So I had to get out of the hammock and help her figure out how insulation works, and ended up spending the night in the tent so I could keep an eye on her and the dogs. Huge bummer, but oh well. On the positive side, I think that night on the ground might have been the final straw for her. When I got out of the hammock and got into the tent, I told her, "I was COMPLETELY warm and comfortable, you know," (jokingly, of course, though she knew it was true) and I think that struck a chord with her. I think she's figured out that a hammock is far superior to sleeping on the ground. With my BB on the way, I think I'll have her sleep in it while I take the ENO DN for a night next summer, and that should push her over the edge, lol.

Anyway, come morning, the dogs were shivering, so we broke down camp in a hurry and got them in the car, with it running and the heater on full blast, partook in the group shot, and bailed. Hannah was starting to get sick before the hang, and I think the cold only aggravated it, but other than that and the ground, we had a fantastic time. Y'all are an awesome group of people, and it was an absolute pleasure to meet you all. I genuinely can't wait until the next hang we can make - hopefully we'll both be hanging by then. ^.^

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Kyle, I wish we had convinced her to take a turn in each of the hammocks while you guys were visiting. There's something about climbing in and feeling that warmth from a nice underquilt radiating up your back that just sells you the moment you lay down. Hopefully we'll have her converted sooner rather than later

It was great to get a chance to visit with you both, and I look forward to hearing more about adventures in your new WBBB. Give the wife our best, and we hope she feels better soon. The cold weather left me with a sore throat and chapped lips, and I can see how easy it would be to aggravate things if you're already fighting a bit of a bug.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    EE Rev / Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    To echo other folks here...while I had the chance to test a RR I chose not to as I really need bottom insulation on my BB. That said I'm this "close" to ordering an UG from Brandon, even without testing it. My poncho liner / pad combo just doesn't cut it!

I agree with others that it was a pleasure putting "real" names to screen names and do plan to hang at least one night at the upcoming winter hang!
    Where ever you go, there you are?

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceHawk View Post
    I trust the South Dakotans made it back home ok
    we did indeed make it home safe and sound with no excitement, which is always good

i know i can speak for both myself and sodakgrrl when i say we had a terrific time! and really enjoyed meeting everyone and spend time hanging out with our new friends

i mistakenly told everyone that it was 509 miles for us from sodakgrrls house to burning bear, but on the way home she remembered we had our side adventure to hang west of cheyenne 25 miles thursday night, so actually it was only 450 miles down there, and we were able to make it home in exactly 6.5 hours which isn't bad of a drive at all

hopefully we will get to see most of you in the near future, we are already talking about coming for the spring hang and hopefully a few of you can make your way north for our black hills hang is august

i would also like to give a big "thank you" to all the coloradan's that made us feel so welcome in your home state, you guys are all a credit to your state!

boot
    Last edited by Boothill; 10-09-2012 at 18:54. Reason: spelling
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Glad to hear that you and Sodakgrrl made it home OK - it was great meeting you guys and seeing the awesome DIY setup you had put together. Glad to hear that the spreader-pole failure didn't result in any injuries, and that there's a sweet new Ridgerunner competing with the DIY bridge for attention

We would love to make it up to the Black Hills hang this summer - hopefully the timing works out for us!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    ORM TQ & WB UQ
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Glad to hear Boothill and Sodakgirl made it home and hope everyone has thawed out by now!! I think I have? It was a fantastic weekend and great to meet the Forums members that attended.
    I would like to give a HUGE shoutout to Jenny at Hammock Gear for the service and the fine product I purchased from them. My new tarp, a Winter Palace cuben. Great folks to do business with!! And a fantastic tarp!!
    I am anxiously looking forward to the next hang already!!
    See you all on the trail.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Good to see all those rigs in the woods. Lotsa down being donned.
    Bet it was a swell time for all. Camp robbers......
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Thanks for the report! I can't wait to go hiking in Colorado!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Foam Pads
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Thanks for the great pictures! Looks like it was lots of fun.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12