Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Speaking of Kayaking...I hope to get to paddle Juniper Springs this year. I missed it last year. Andy are you gonna lead that?
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    If folks are willing to dig in and get it done, I suspect we could do a BBQ feast on Friday Evening and our traditional Seafood and Cajun feast on Saturday, or vice versa.

To be honest, I can't decide which sounds better at this point! There is something about the smell of pork or beans cooking that just makes my mouth water. The downside is if we use all the DO's for main courses what will use to make desserts! Life is short, never pass on desserts!
    Last edited by Gumbo; 12-07-2012 at 10:19.
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
    Looking forward to it - and this year I have my own hammock!
    It will be good to see you again!

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    I just talked to itsandy on the phone & he's planning a Juniper Springs paddle & a Silver Springs paddle too! He said he'll be getting it all scheduled by the weekend. WOOO HOOO!
    Silver Springs was awesome last year because we got to see wild monkeys! But I heard tell of some swimmers on Juniper Springs last year....including Islander's camera!

Any of you paddlers who have not had the pleasure of going with Andy on one of his trips I have to say he is an excellent trip leader and you will enjoy and be in good hands with him. I lead trips here in TN and it is a real treat to go with someone else who can lead a trip who is trained and knowledgeable of the area. Kudos to itsandy!
    Last edited by L.D. Cakes; 12-07-2012 at 11:01.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    WBBB/DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    IX/MW3, Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Custom 2 RL
    I may show up, schedule isn't set in stone yet.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images

WoooHooo!

So, officially, as of last night, two of my wonderful coworkers have stepped up to cover my Friday and Saturday shifts for the hang! I'm good to be there for all three days!

Which brings up another activity that I intend on for this year: a bike-to-hang and bike-home-from-hang. I'll be starting in Gainesville (it's ~75 miles, according to Google Maps), but I'd be more than willing to meet folks along my intended route if they're wanting to do a shorter ride. If anyone wants to park at my house, that's fine, too; I've got a big enough yard to accommodate about five or six cars without crowding.

I figure on a fairly relaxed pace for the ride, probably averaging somewhere around 11 MPH for the whole.

If anyone is interested, please, feel free to respond here or PM me. If there's enough interest, I'll start a parallel thread and link to it in this one to keep everyone updated rather than cluttering the main thread.

As to food, I'd be more than willing to be a spare set of hands on any of the recipes. If I need to bring any specialized tools aside from my clasp knife, I'd be glad to--as long as it's packable on a bike.

Mrs. FLRider might actually make an appearance this year...not sure on that one yet, but she mentioned a bit of interest. We'll see as the date approaches...
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    I just talked to itsandy on the phone & he's planning a Juniper Springs paddle & a Silver Springs paddle too! He said he'll be getting it all scheduled by the weekend. WOOO HOOO!
    Silver Springs was awesome last year because we got to see wild monkeys! But I heard tell of some swimmers on Juniper Springs last year....including Islander's camera!

Any of you paddlers who have not had the pleasure of going with Andy on one of his trips I have to say he is an excellent trip leader and you will enjoy and be in good hands with him. I lead trips here in TN and it is a real treat to go with someone else who can lead a trip who is trained and knowledgeable of the area. Kudos to itsandy!
    I'll second Cakes on this. Silver River was an amazing paddle. If you have never done it before you really want to do it. We saw a lot more than two troops of monkeys on that run. Wild Hogs, Blue Herring and Green Herring were spotted too. By far the most wildlife I've seen on a single paddle trip.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    So, officially, as of last night, two of my wonderful coworkers have stepped up to cover my Friday and Saturday shifts for the hang! I'm good to be there for all three days!

Which brings up another activity that I intend on for this year: a bike-to-hang and bike-home-from-hang. I'll be starting in Gainesville (it's ~75 miles, according to Google Maps), but I'd be more than willing to meet folks along my intended route if they're wanting to do a shorter ride. If anyone wants to park at my house, that's fine, too; I've got a big enough yard to accommodate about five or six cars without crowding.

I figure on a fairly relaxed pace for the ride, probably averaging somewhere around 11 MPH for the whole.

If anyone is interested, please, feel free to respond here or PM me. If there's enough interest, I'll start a parallel thread and link to it in this one to keep everyone updated rather than cluttering the main thread.

As to food, I'd be more than willing to be a spare set of hands on any of the recipes. If I need to bring any specialized tools aside from my clasp knife, I'd be glad to--as long as it's packable on a bike.

Mrs. FLRider might actually make an appearance this year...not sure on that one yet, but she mentioned a bit of interest. We'll see as the date approaches...
    Glad you can make it! Any idea about the Sherpa hang, or do you have to get closer to Feb?
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by samsara View Post
    Glad you can make it! Any idea about the Sherpa hang, or do you have to get closer to Feb?
    I'm still hoping on that one. I'll know, hopefully, next month. I'm pretty confident that I can get someone to cover, but I won't have a definite answer until probably halfway through January (so...hopefully by this hang...).
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    Ok, I'd like to officially put up here that at some point someone (or multiple someones) will do some fire building skills. This isn't really anything that has been organized but was discussed on another post and we thought it was a good idea.

Additionally, I would like it if someone would step up to do a clinic on sharpening knives. I have a Spyderco Sharpmaker that I use and it can make my knives sharp but I don't necessarily know what I'm doing. Some sort of discussion of different types of edges, how you sharpen them, stropping, different ways to sharpen (Sharpmaker, stones, sandpaper, etc). Obviously, since knife issues can become... spirited it would be best if the person doing this is a very diplomatic person.

It doesn't have to happen... but I know I would enjoy it. Just a thought

Dave
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast