Hammock
    Ripstop DIY
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20* TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY WSlings/straps

Recorded a Solo Overnighter in Germany, The First of hopefully many trip reports.

I haven't posted in almost as long as i haven't gone out to the woods! I broke my collarbone back in June and just had the hardware removed in September. But man, as soon as that plate was out i felt the relief and was ready to await the day I would go out to the trails.
    This is my first solo run, usually I'm with a buddy or two. It's also my first recorded trip and my first official YouTube video! I hope to make more in the future. I know a lot of you on the forums are pro's at trips and videos and I would appreciate any input, tips, and/or pointers for improvement.

Hopefully the video or link makes it into the post, not sure if I'm doing it right; I'm rushing it up in a whirl of excitement!

Without further delay, enjoy!

http://youtu.be/Yvu50mgvhKI

Australia...Sub-Tropical Qld, Temperate Tasmania & Tropical Thailand
    Hammock
    Madtree Tarseer
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    Warm & fluffy
    Suspension
    Slings and Rings
    Images
    I bet you've been itching to get out over the last couple of months...Love that pitter patter of rain on the tarp.
    Well done on your first solo.
    Mountain views are good for the soul....& getting to them is good for my waistline.

https://ofuros.exposure.co/

Hammock
    Ripstop DIY
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20* TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY WSlings/straps

Recorded a Solo Overnighter in Germany, The First of hopefully many trip repo...

Thank you!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I just came back from a first time visit to Germany. Unfortunately I had little time there but was very surprised at the amount of forest area I saw and the overall beauty of the country. I'm not sure about how much forest is available to the public but I saw tons of potential backpacking/camping. We were around the Ramstein area.

In general, how is the camping scene in Germany. My wife and I would like to return for a longer visit and perhaps hammock camp our way around the country. Feasible?

Miguel

10:16-10:21

That was a neat way that you ran the guylines from the peak ends of the tarp through the side pull outs to a single side stake. This was from 10:16 to about 10:21 in the video. I don't believe I have ever seen it done like that before.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dblhmmck View Post
    That was a neat way that you ran the guylines from the peak ends of the tarp through the side pull outs to a single side stake. This was from 10:16 to about 10:21 in the video. I don't believe I have ever seen it done like that before.
    I've never seen that either.

Thanks for taking us along!

Hammock
    Den Mother DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly/Noah's 12
    Insulation
    leighlo UQ-DIY TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Thanks for the take-a-long. Germany sure is pretty.

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Thanks for taking us along. I'm glad you were able to get out after you healed up.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    Ripstop DIY
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20* TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY WSlings/straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    I just came back from a first time visit to Germany. Unfortunately I had little time there but was very surprised at the amount of forest area I saw and the overall beauty of the country. I'm not sure about how much forest is available to the public but I saw tons of potential backpacking/camping. We were around the Ramstein area.

In general, how is the camping scene in Germany. My wife and I would like to return for a longer visit and perhaps hammock camp our way around the country. Feasible?

Miguel
    There are not that many hammock friendly official campsites. They seem to be set up more for tents and campers/RV's; sparse trees just to divide some of the plots. if you go the stealth route you shouldn't have a problem finding site, albeit camping is intended for designated areas; hence the stealth aspect. but it would be very easy trekking from town to town off of the main path. plenty of pensions and inn's attached to restaurants if you need a german style meal and warm bed for the night. There is a public forrest called eifel national park. PM me if you would like anymore info. thanks for watching!

Quote Originally Posted by dblhmmck View Post
    Wish i could take credit for that, i actually got the idea from a video of a forum member. i think his name is BlazeAway. Torben Bo Hansen is the channel with the video called "superflying a superfly". Thanks for watching!

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I've never seen that either.

Thanks for taking us along!
    IMO it seems to take the stress off of the side pull-outs, also helps save on weight w/ less stakes. Thanks for watching!

Quote Originally Posted by harrellt View Post
    Thanks for the take-a-long. Germany sure is pretty.
    I feel very blessed to be here. Trying to take it all in and enjoy my last year here! Thanks for watching!

• + New Posts