WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps

Donators access and post editing questions

I see the extra Forums for Donators below all the other forums. I thought they also had access to a special Videos forum/posts. Was I mistaken?

Also, I searched the FAQ for information on what extra features those who donate have and must have missed it. Are they in there?

And for editing a post - I recall being able to edit my post once, but now can't see an "Edit" option. Do you only get one correction chance?

In this case, after the initial post, proof readers (A.K.A., other readers) might point out misspellings or verb tense mistakes that creep in as sentences are re-worked. So I'd like to go back and replace the initial post with a corrected version. Or I could make corrections inside the initial post itself.

Is it "Locked" after the first edit, or after the first person replies? I can understand a little that you might say that after someone replies, it would create a shift in the space/time continuum if I were allowed to change what the reply was referring to.

I searched the FAQ on post editing and if it is in there, I must have missed it too.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I thought they also had access to a special Videos forum/posts. Was I mistaken?
    I'm afraid you are mistaken. The only video section is the same one that is available to everyone. There are a bit over 700 videos there right now.

The current Donating Member perks are -

- Access to the Off-topic forums (currently there are subs for Roundtable Off-Topic, Backpacks, Camp Kitchen, Clothing, Cutlery, Other Gear and DIY, Paddling)
    - Greatly expanded PM limit
    - Ability to disable banners
    - Donating Member title
    - Knowledge that you are supporting HF

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    And for editing a post - I recall being able to edit my post once, but now can't see an "Edit" option. Do you only get one correction chance?
    You can freely edit any of your posts for the first 72 hours after they are made. After that, if something requires an edit just PM a moderator.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    WWBB
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Images

access denied

Do donating get access to all threads?
    Or is there still other factors that might limit ones privileges, beyond the 50 post min for the PIf?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Yes, Donators have access to all of HF. The only exception is the 50-post minimum for the Marketplace.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    When we remove a thread from the forum, we move it to a mod-only area...so if you're clicking a link to a thread that has been removed, even donating members would get that message.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    WWBB
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    When we remove a thread from the forum, we move it to a mod-only area...so if you're clicking a link to a thread that has been removed, even donating members would get that message.
    Ok that explains it.

• + New Posts