View Poll Results: Interest in tree-free hammock? Greatest hammock use limiting factor?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would be interested

83 70.34%
  • No, I would not be interested

24 20.34%
  • Lack of trees has been greatest limiter

21 17.80%
  • Distance between trees has been my greatest limiter

23 19.49%
  • Hammock:tree ratio has been my greatest limiter

2 1.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Wal-Mart Equip
    Tarp
    GG Emergncy Sheltr
    Insulation
    DIY PLUQ/Foam/Net
    Suspension
    Amsteel/Tech Line
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

This really is just a college project. The assignment is to create a business plan based upon a product that is not yet on the market. The idea is for us to conduct real world research and see how well we can do trying to create a plan for a product that does not exist.

We are only required to conduct secondary research (looking stuff up, internet and database searches) but I wanted to do some simple primary research (new research that has not yet been documented - surveys, new studies, questionnaires, etc.)

I am new to hammocking, but what I have realized is that it is a niche market. I decided to make it even harder on myself (starting to rethink it though, this is pretty hard) and try to market a niche within a niche: tree-free hammocks.

I have no money to actually start a business. I have no time to start a business. I have no desire to start a business. This really is just for a school project. BUT, if there is anyone out there who does have the desire to run with these ideas, I would love to see another useful product make its way to the hammock market. Feel free to hijack any of my data or research and run with it.

However, I do not feel that my project will really be "business-ready" in the sense that I will have enough data to realistically start a business. It's just a project, not a real world attempt.

Thanks for all the replies. I really really appreciate it!

Hammock
    Wal-Mart Equip
    Tarp
    GG Emergncy Sheltr
    Insulation
    DIY PLUQ/Foam/Net
    Suspension
    Amsteel/Tech Line
    Shug,

That's amazing! Just don't tell my professor it's already on the market!

SCWalker,

Check out the DIY section, post "Portable Hammock Stand"

Some guys have come up with really awesome ideas, and already fabricated them so you can see they work. I brain stormed a couple of systems that I thought might work, but I haven't actually fabricated anything so I have no idea how functional they would actually be.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...3&postcount=94

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Poly
    Insulation
    SnuggPak
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgray107918 View Post
    Shug,

That's amazing! Just don't tell my professor it's already on the market!

SCWalker,

Check out the DIY section, post "Portable Hammock Stand"

Some guys have come up with really awesome ideas, and already fabricated them so you can see they work. I brain stormed a couple of systems that I thought might work, but I haven't actually fabricated anything so I have no idea how functional they would actually be.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...3&postcount=94
    Cool.Thanks.

Hammock
    Wal-Mart Equip
    Tarp
    GG Emergncy Sheltr
    Insulation
    DIY PLUQ/Foam/Net
    Suspension
    Amsteel/Tech Line
    I completely forgot about posting up my project. It has some flaws, and in no way is a true-to-form business plan. I actually completed and received a grade on it a few months ago, but forgot to post for authentication purposes.

If you actually read the whole thing, please keep in mind that I am NOT starting an actual business and do not intend for this plan to be an actual working plan - it is simply a paper for a project in which we were to conduct research. Also, all dimensions, weights, and prices are completely fictitious. Some of them may be close to the mark, but they are in now way representative of actual values, and some of them are probably wildly off the mark! The camping statistics and all cited information is factual.

I have a PowerPoint that will save you the time of reading all 44 pages, but beware - the PowerPoint itself is 41 pages and ~15-20 min if I remember correctly. If anyone would like the PowerPoint, let me know. I can not attach it to the post.

Both the paper and the PowerPoint have errors, I know. Don't judge

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Rgray107918; 01-16-2013 at 03:11. Reason: Edit Protect Word documents

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12