After looking at every manufacturer on the spreadsheet list here and looking at every hammock each of them makes, I've realized that the only way I'm going to get EXACTLY what I want is to make it myself.

Good thing I'm a skilled seamstress and designer, now all I have to do is learn to call my sewing machines 'thread injectors' ---took me a while to figure that one out...

Now comes a couple of questions about the design of a bridge hammock.

All the DIY hammocks I've seen have the extender bars/spreaders way above the hammock 'shelf'. Why - what advantages are there to having them way above?

I looked at the Blue Ridge hammock (Lawson) and the spreader bars are at the same level as the hammock shelf. It seems to give the flattest lay of them all.

Does it make it too tippy? And would side tieouts not compensate for that?
It would certainly put the bars lower so that there wasn't a problem with them clashing with the tarp which seems to be a common problem.

The BR also has multiple lines rather than just one at each corner. What does this do for the hammock lie and why are all the DIY's I see not doing that?

While I never expect to be an UL'r, I want to keep my weight down, after all I have to carry it! OTOH, I want the most comfortable sleep I can get and am willing to do what it takes to get there!

Discuss design concepts with me!!

Oh, and I went back 40 pages in the DIY section looking for answers!