Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 773
  1. #661
    shrineclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    So. NH
    Hammock
    DHTBird, WBBB
    Tarp
    Camo Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie *snicker*
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Reason~ View Post
    I'm so excited! And so many questions (bare with me, first hang ). I practiced outside tuesday night in the cold with wind and was Ok, but have a few kinks to work out.

    Does anyone have triangle thingies I could try out or buy or figure out how to make? I'm going to try to make some sort of a sock thing today, but as long as there is no rain and not too much wind I'll be fine even if I can't manage to make one I think.

    Unfortunately I'll be on my own for food ( stupid diet, but I'm down 27 lbs and feel great, so I've got that going for me which is nice) .

    Anyone have tricks for warming up water for hot water bottles? I was going to bring a couple of 2 liter soda bottles for that. a kettle is probably the best way to do it.

    I have 500ft of amsteel if anyone wants to make something.

    What do people do for camp chairs when it is so cold?
    Check out the Leighlo site. They use rope to make their triangle thingies. http://www.hammockquilts.com/ If you watch the youtube the Dad does on the UQ it shows them pretty well. Easy to make. Not sure it needs to amsteel strong, but I can't see how that would hurt if you have it. Looks like they use that no tangle.
    If it moves, you can eat it. No promises you will think it tastes good.

  2. #662
    Senior Member lilprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Western MA
    Hammock
    The Purple People eater. 11' DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE SLINGS!
    Posts
    512
    Just to get those taste buds watering, I just finished the homemade chilli. Boy does it smell good! Oh, and Nighthauk just picked up a 15lb roast.. I think I may need to make an appearance when that sucker is done cooking!
    Chase your dreams without fear or hesitation!

  3. #663
    Moderator raiffnuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY,WBBB Clone,ENO,GTUL
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Posts
    5,520
    Images
    44
    Two more batches is shortbread ready for packing…

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357234360.860049.jpg

  4. #664
    Moderator Nighthauk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chesterfield, Ma
    Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Posts
    3,042
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Reason~ View Post
    I'm so excited! And so many questions (bare with me, first hang ). I practiced outside tuesday night in the cold with wind and was Ok, but have a few kinks to work out.

    Does anyone have triangle thingies I could try out or buy or figure out how to make? I'm going to try to make some sort of a sock thing today, but as long as there is no rain and not too much wind I'll be fine even if I can't manage to make one I think.

    Unfortunately I'll be on my own for food ( stupid diet, but I'm down 27 lbs and feel great, so I've got that going for me which is nice) .

    Anyone have tricks for warming up water for hot water bottles? I was going to bring a couple of 2 liter soda bottles for that. a kettle is probably the best way to do it.

    I have 500ft of amsteel if anyone wants to make something.

    What do people do for camp chairs when it is so cold?
    The Great thing about car camping and the reason we went this route is that you can bring as much gear as you want so that you can try things to if they work or not. I have a set of Triangle thingies for you to try if you want.
    as to chairs bring what you have and see what works.
    There will be plenty of hot water to fill up bottles at night.

    Glad to hear about you doing well with your diet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobit View Post
    Currently at CLE airport enroute to Logan. All flights look good, will be home tonight to pack up and get ready to leave in the morning.
    Hope the rest of your flight and travel goes smoothly. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

    Quote Originally Posted by lilprincess View Post
    Just to get those taste buds watering, I just finished the homemade chilli. Boy does it smell good! Oh, and Nighthauk just picked up a 15lb roast.. I think I may need to make an appearance when that sucker is done cooking!
    Great ruin the surprise.

    Quote Originally Posted by raiffnuke View Post
    Two more batches is shortbread ready for packing…

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357234360.860049.jpg
    Looking good. Mmmmmmmm
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield


  5. #665
    SkyPainter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Stoneham, MA
    Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Camo
    Insulation
    AHE: HG TQUQ: Lynx
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Posts
    3,002
    Images
    30
    *** jofish ***

    I have been trying for three days to reach you. If you are still going to the hang, please message me so I can arrange to pick you up. I am meeting another hanger on the Mass Pike at 8 AM, and need to coordinate. Please let me know if you are still planning to ride out with me asap.

    Thanks!

    ~ SkyPainter
    SkyPainter - "... and then the police came."

    All these years people said,"He's acting like a kid!"
    He did not know that he could not fly, and so, he DID!

    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

    "Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run! He hates that!"

    My outdoorsy YouTube channel is: "WMICommissioner"

  6. #666
    Stargaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dartmouth, Ma
    Hammock
    Yukon Outfitters, WWBB
    Tarp
    Kelty 12
    Suspension
    Woopies.
    Posts
    562
    I don't know if its still needed but I can bring my large stock pot. If I don't need it its staying home.

  7. #667
    Stargaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dartmouth, Ma
    Hammock
    Yukon Outfitters, WWBB
    Tarp
    Kelty 12
    Suspension
    Woopies.
    Posts
    562
    Oh and the packing madness has begun. House looks like REI has thrown up in the living room.

  8. #668
    Moderator Nighthauk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chesterfield, Ma
    Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Posts
    3,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
    I don't know if its still needed but I can bring my large stock pot. If I don't need it its staying home.
    I don't think we really need it. I have my scout troop trailer so I have everything that goes with it. Also looks like a great weekend for stargazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
    Oh and the packing madness has begun. House looks like REI has thrown up in the living room.
    Lilprincess said the same thing about the dining room earlier. Now everything is in the trailer.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield


  9. #669
    Stargaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dartmouth, Ma
    Hammock
    Yukon Outfitters, WWBB
    Tarp
    Kelty 12
    Suspension
    Woopies.
    Posts
    562
    Oh the telescope is making the trip that's for sure.

  10. #670
    Tripod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Marion, MA
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie,Dutch
    Posts
    198
    Clam Chowder is on the stove and simmering away. Originally I planned to dig them but time , tide and harbor ice changed that plan. Everything else is in the living room ready to be thrown in the car first thing tomorrow morning. See you all tomorrow.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 254
    Last Post: 01-11-2015, 09:44
  2. VIDEO: 2nd Annual Winter NEHHA 2013
    By Nighthauk in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: 01-22-2013, 16:15
  3. NEHHA Hang planning stage
    By genegene in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 17:33
  4. 2nd Annual NEHHA Hang
    By genegene in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-29-2012, 17:07

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •