HH Explorer Deluxe classic
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS+OC, 20 UGQ
    Suspension
    rings and straps

Talking Something alluded to ..... now theres proof

Okay, I guess I should give some background. Last year at the HH sale I bought one of the myriad of net-less safari hammocks. I though 49 bucks for a huge safari net or no sounded good and it was. I have enjoyed using it around the yard in the cool of last fall and then again early this spring before the bugs came out. However the problem is I kind of liked the monster, just a bit flater lay then the Explorer Deluxe but it didn't have a net. So I took a chance and sent an email to 2QZQ with the far fetched hope that they might be able to put a net on it.

I received an email from Donna stating that a short while ago the answer to my enquiry would have been we are sorry but no. However it seems I was not the first to have asked and they had made a pattern and so now the answer was why yes if you don't mind being the guinea pig then we will give it a go. I used to live in Ecuador and being a guinea pig there meant you were lunch but I thought why not give it a try. I decided yes I would give it a try and worst case it wouldn't work and I would have my net-less Safari back.

In the middle of our communications I was also working on changing out the suspension to rings and straps like here Well seeing as I can't leave well enough alone I also decided to install a whoopie based adjustable ridge-line while I had it all apart (this becomes important in just a minute.)

I sent in the Safari with the adjustable ridge-line and the old fixed ridge-line that was on it before my adjustments. I had set the ridge-line as close as I was able to the old fixed line I took off. (Tim had said this was important for it to fit their pattern.)

I received a nice note when they received my hammock and then a note telling me when they were starting on it. Shortly after that I got a phone call (which I missed) an email and a pm on HF asking me to call them. I thought oh well they were not able to make it work and are going to send the hammock back to me as it was. That however was not the case. Once on the phone they told me that they had put the hammock up and the pattern didn't fit so they had measured the length and it was about 109 on the ridge-line as was the ridge-line that came with it. The HH web page lists the Safari at 112 so they had adjusted the ridge-line to that length and then tried again. Their pattern had not fit so instead of just shipping it back to me they made another one. Tim actually got in the hammock with the pattern on laid in a figure 4 to open it up as big as it will likely ever be and had Donna fit the pattern to that size.

I got notice a couple days ago that the hammock had shipped and it arrived today. WOW is it nice, the bug net looks like it was factory installed (minus all the threads my sons has on it from HH). I set it up on the stand on the front porch and crawled in just to test out the lay and opened my eyes about 15 minutes later slightly chilled on the back side. I unzipped the zippers and rolled the net up and put it into the storage bag in the end then zipped all back on.

Tim and Donna, all I can say is thank you. You exceeded my expectations in every way. The fit and finish is top rate, the customer service was excellent, and your willingness to go above and beyond is greatly appreciated.

I will attach a couple pics of it on the stand on from a distance the other showing off the triple zips. By the way I went with MOD #4 with tripples on both sides in case someone wanted to know.

For those of you who bought a Safari last year or maybe even this year you might want to measure that ridge-line. If mine was any indication the net-less part was not the only issue on these.

Thanks again 2QZQ

Huauqui
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    HG!
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Sure looks sweet! 2Q & ZQ rise to the occasion again...and again..... I'm going to have to create something for them to do just so I can join in the fun!
    Andy...

"...if Shug didn't make you do it, then it's Dutch's fault!"

Images
    Great news!

Images

Netless in Safari

Her Royal Majesty, Lady Thread Injector, of the House of Zipper in County Lancaster, Commonwealth of Penn's Woods, is offering her subjects fair terms in the exchange of materials and services to bring said woodland nylon domicile to the majestic standards of an enomology fortified encampment - all for a pauper's pittance.

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roche View Post
    Her Royal Majesty, Lady Thread Injector, of the House of Zipper in County Lancaster, Commonwealth of Penn's Woods, is offering her subjects fair terms in the exchange of materials and services to bring said woodland nylon domicile to the majestic standards of an enomology fortified encampment - all for a pauper's pittance.

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!
    The court jester in those "lime and fushia colored leopard pattern tights" is at it again!! You definately have a fun way with words!!

Thanks everyone for your kind words. They are very heart warming to us. ZQ
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    DD Traveller
    Tarp
    DD Camo
    Insulation
    Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    May I ask about the stand?
    Is that you own design?
    That is great.
    John

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe classic
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS+OC, 20 UGQ
    Suspension
    rings and straps
    Quote Originally Posted by johmar View Post
    May I ask about the stand?
    Is that you own design?
    That is great.
    John
    johmar,

I made the stand using info gleaned from this thread and this thread hope that helps.

huauqui

Hammock
    DD Traveller
    Tarp
    DD Camo
    Insulation
    Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thank you very much.
    I'll look at those and make one.
    John