Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 SL, WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 40,20 Leighlo20
    Suspension
    whoop slings/hooks
    I read somewhere in a recent study that Hammock Bullying drastically decreased with a steady dose of being in your hammock alone in the beautiful woods listening to the world breath.

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 SL, WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 40,20 Leighlo20
    Suspension
    whoop slings/hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by CatSplat View Post
    OK, seriously, if you've passed a kidney stone on the AT, you get to do whatever you want, when you want.

"Honey, why do you go on long hikes and sleep in a hammock?"

"Woman, I passed a kidney stone on the Appalachian Trail. As soon as you give birth on the PCT, we'll talk about my sleeping habits."
    I am laughing so hard at this. classic.

Hammock
    MARPAT Freebird/DB72
    Tarp
    UGQ MultiCam WD12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas, whoopie
    Several of my camping/hiking buddies used to make fun of my hammock. Till they watched me pull a small lightweight bag out of pack and then setup in less than 8 minutes. Usually done and relaxing before they remember which pole goes where. And after rolling out in the morning well rested and refreshed. No roots or rocks in MY back. Now 2 of them are converts, and others are leaning. For the rest I continue to use one of my favorite phrases, "don't knock it till you try it". Tends to quiet the snickers. Just my 2 cents worth.

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatSplat View Post
    OK, seriously, if you've passed a kidney stone on the AT, you get to do whatever you want, when you want.

"Honey, why do you go on long hikes and sleep in a hammock?"

"Woman, I passed a kidney stone on the Appalachian Trail. As soon as you give birth on the PCT, we'll talk about my sleeping habits."

No doubt. I've passed 3 kidney stones in my life time and I don't wanna wish that pain on anyone (well not just anyone )... the first blocked my left kidney and I was hospitalized for 3 days. It took 2 doses of morphine to make me stop knotting over in agony. The nurse attending me in the ER told me she has had 2 children and passed 1 kidney stone and the stone was so much more painful. The funny thing was by the 3rd day i was begging to go home but they wanted the stone out and my white blood count to get back to normal...so they told me they were gonna have to go up and into my urethra to do so...not 30mins later it shot out like a bbgun. The next two were easier on me. Apparently stones are patrilineally hereditary and it skips a generation. My grandfather told me to get use to it...lol.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

hi,

my name is roar-k and I have recently been bullied as well. I went camping with some friends and soon as I pulled out my hammock they started laughing. Then when I pulled out my quilts they were crying...Good thing they didn't see my Cub pillow from AHE.

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Ok, not to sound insensitive but what do you expect? I mean anytime anybody is overly passionate about any kind of hobby, he or she is going to get teased about it. And yes I call it teasing not bullying. People like to use the term Bullying very loosely now days. When I was growing up bullying meant getting your butt kicked at the playground for no reason. But I guess things change over time.

I would just ignore their remarks and just dish it back out to them. Tell them at least you have a Healthy hobby unlike them. That's what I do. When people like to tease me about my passion for outdoors and robotics engineering, I just hand it right back. I let em know that I am bettering myself physically and mentally unlike their lazy butts. Actually I say alot more harsh words but trying to keep things abit clean.

The point is, don't let people "get" to you when they judge/tease you. And if you can, dish it back at them. Screw being the bigger man and turning the cheek.

Hammock
    dth
    Tarp
    thdth
    Insulation
    dth
    Suspension
    dth
    Quote Originally Posted by XTrekker View Post
    Ok, not to sound insensitive but what do you expect? I mean anytime anybody is overly passionate about any kind of hobby, he or she is going to get teased about it. And yes I call it teasing not bullying. People like to use the term Bullying very loosely now days. When I was growing up bullying meant getting your butt kicked at the playground for no reason. But I guess things change over time.

I would just ignore their remarks and just dish it back out to them. Tell them at least you have a Healthy hobby unlike them. That's what I do. When people like to tease me about my passion for outdoors and robotics engineering, I just hand it right back. I let em know that I am bettering myself physically and mentally unlike their lazy butts. Actually I say alot more harsh words but trying to keep things abit clean.

The point is, don't let people "get" to you when they judge/tease you. And if you can, dish it back at them. Screw being the bigger man and turning the cheek.
    Easy Bruiser! jk

Hammock
    DIY double layer
    Tarp
    Old Eddie Bauer
    Insulation
    Bag and pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    XTrekker is not a true believer!!!

Hammock
    WBRR, DIY's
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter Pa
    Insulation
    HG Burrow 20, UGQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet buckles
    I will be offering therapy free of charge to help my hanging brethren cope with this horrible atrocity!

To those of us hangars pure in heart... We hang peacefully from 2 ropes. If the terrorists continue to encroach upon us, they shall hang with 1 rope! :-)

Doc

Hammock
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images
    After 25 yrs my wife told me if i went to the piney woods again, that she would be gone when i got home.(how did Brad Paisley put it?) "well im gonna miss her". Im just kidding, i cant believe you would think that i would do something like that, Oh, did i mention that my new girlfriend loves hammock camping?, i guess you figured out the "X" wife didnt. Happy Hanging!
    Ignorance is simply not knowing, Stupidity is knowing and not doing. "Stupidity should be painful"

"Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives oblivious" Agent Smith, The Matrix

Please leave suggestions and comments on our H.O.C.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=57721

Come check out our Creation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uw7-XGKnDU

Insulhammock
    http://camping-hammock.us/

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast