Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sick sewing machine

So the other night I was working on a project and was testing the stitches and noticed that I could easily pull the bottom thread out of the seam with a slight tug. I worked and worked on it to get the tension adjusted to no avail. The next day, I hauled it over to the sew and vac store where there is a Singer trained tech. I feared the worst. I got it back today, all it needed was a good cleaning and adjustment. Now, it is like a new machine! $50 well spent.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Good tip.

That might even keep someone from pulling their hair out and throwing a huge hissyfit when the golldarn dagnab frigglesnorkin machine won't work right. Not that I'd know anything about that...

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Good tip.

That might even keep someone from pulling their hair out and throwing a huge hissyfit when the golldarn dagnab frigglesnorkin machine won't work right. Not that I'd know anything about that...
    There were a few "not so nice" words flying around during the very trying period.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

not so nice words....

Funny story,

Years ago when I had a workshop in my basement (I miss those days) I would occasionally get frustrated and let a few "choice words" slip. My son was 2yrs old at the time I think...so of course he was in "human parrot" stage. Well, since my wife is profound deaf (I met her while I was in interpreting school) she did not realize that some of the sounds were "leaking" though the floor from the basement to the living room on the first floor.

Long story short, one afternoon my son got frustrated with a toy of his. He looked down at it and said in his best "frustrated" voice....."Sock a Beach!"

Well, first of all I had to leave the room quickly before my laughter screwed everything up. After a number of minutes I came back into the room. I then explained to the wife (who was still clueless) what happened. First she thought it was pretty funny too..until she realized she had no idea how many times he might have said it...and in front of who...THEN I GOT IN TROUBLE!

I still think it is funny. Since I have 4 little ones now I have learned to be a little more careful.

Adam

That's a good one stormcrow! You really have to watch the little ones, they absorb everything even when you think they aren't even on the same planet. We can't even spell in front of the grandkids anymore, they are too smart for that!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/ Pad
    Images
    I have to add my story, mostly because I am looking for sympathy and empathy...and, no offense, hopefully not a shoulder to cry on.

I had to take my sewing machine to the doctor today. I had been diligently laboring over a half UQ, when there was a loud "pop". Gently I took the fabric out, taking care to extricate the threads and tie them off so they would not come loose. I opened up the area where the bobbin stays, and found the part (not sure of the name) that the bobbin sits in had popped out. Quickly reading the manual, I found out how to replace all parts which had come loose. Starting again, the machine worked wonderfully...until I finished the stitch and turned the fabric over. There was a wad of fabric, looking oddly like, ready for this...Santa's beard hanging down. I tried to adjust tension. I googled the problem, joined a sewing message board, I even called my mom, all to no avail. Today, I finnally gave up and took it to be fixed. The owner/repair man sorta laughed, sorta grunted and said "I should be able to fix this".

Hopefully this will fix things and the machine will make a full recovery. That and I won't have to say bad things about that

golldarn dagnab frigglesnorkin machine...

Thanks NCPatrick, couldn't have said it better myself!
    "Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
    - Yoda

A moment of silence for Splinter's Power Thread Injecter please....

I wish I knew more about these machines, makes you wonder how someone could have invented such a thing so long ago!

Anyhoo, I hope they get it oiled up and adjusted for you, I know it made a world of difference on mine. In fact, I was at the fabric store the other day and they were demostrating some new machines. When I heard them run, I asked myself why mone didn't sound that good. Now it does! It will pull the thinnest silnylon through there like nobodies business!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    Since I have 4 little ones now I have learned to be a little more careful.
    That is a funny story. And oh yes, that's why words like "frigglesnorkin" get invented for use around my house...

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/ Pad
    Images
    That is a funny story. And oh yes, that's why words like "frigglesnorkin" get invented for use around my house...
    The kids always seem to know exactly when to be in the room to here these well crafted words.
    - Yoda

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/ Pad
    Images
    Whew...just a positioner out of position (the repair man's words). Didn't know that they had positioners, but at least its fixed!
    - Yoda

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast