Hello everyone! I’ve been lurking on the board for about a year now, and a member for about 3 months without a single post. I was reading through the posts a couple days ago, as I do almost every day, when I came across one talking about needing 50 posts to be able to sell something on the forum. Although I have no intention of selling anything (don’t tell my wife but I’m still in the acquisition phase of my hanging career) it did make me realize I was taking advantage of a great resource without offering anything in return.

Since following the board I have purchased a hammock and tarp, and spend half a dozen nights hanging. One of those nights was during a family camping trip where the wife mumbled something about being crazy as she went into the pop-up camper and I climbed into the hammock. Of course its possible the basis of her diagnosis was not made solely on the fact that I was going to be spending the night in the hammock when there was a perfectly fine bed not 20 feet away.

Anyway, I really enjoy spending time on the forum and have learned a great deal from the many questions and responses. I’m not sure how much I will be able to contribute in the future, but will continue to “hang out” in the shadows.