Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end hammock
    Suspension
    Straps and whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeykoder View Post
    Any way I can get an approximate location on that lake? I am currently gearing back up after a many year hiatus from any form of camping and I'm looking for some good places in this area. I am also looking for a couple lower trails to scout out while I'm getting the gear bag set up.
    Monkeykoder:

That is Penner Lake.

Take 80 east past Yuba gap. Exit at highway 20 and go back towards Grass Valley (the only way you can go).

Watch for Bowman Lake Road on the right. Turn right and go past Fuller lake. Continue for several miles until you see signs pointing to the right. Those signs will be on dirt roads. The first big one is for Grouse Ridge. The next one will say "Carr/Feeley lakes, Linsey Lake. Take that dirt road for about 2 miles. Do not take any side road, just stay on the main road.

You will arrive at a parking area for Carr Lake. Hike past Carr and Feeley lake, Delaney Lake and then an un-named lake on your left. Turn north when the trail splits.

I point out the direction to Penner lake near the beginning of this video.

Keep in touch if you want. Depending on the weather I wouldn't mind going.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GregB View Post
    Monkeykoder:

That is Penner Lake.

Take 80 east past Yuba gap. Exit at highway 20 and go back towards Grass Valley (the only way you can go).

Watch for Bowman Lake Road on the right. Turn right and go past Fuller lake. Continue for several miles until you see signs pointing to the right. Those signs will be on dirt roads. The first big one is for Grouse Ridge. The next one will say "Carr/Feeley lakes, Linsey Lake. Take that dirt road for about 2 miles. Do not take any side road, just stay on the main road.

Keep in touch if you want. Depending on the weather I wouldn't mind going.
    Thanks for the info I was finally able to find those on the Tahoe National Forest site Status: Unreachable (due to snow). Looks like I'll have to work on scouting out the earlier season sites for now.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12