WB XLC Lightweight DL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Becket

Adjustable ridgeline question ...

A couple of quick questions about an adjustable/detachable ridgeline for my new Blackbird --

The adjustable end of the ridgeline whoopie doesn't go through the channel of the gathered end, does it? I didn't think so, but wanted to be sure. I was picturing a short section with two fixed eyes -- one through the gathered end to connect to the rest of the hammock suspension and the second eye to grab the whoopie and allow it room to adjust. Or I could just connect the fixed eye and the ridgeline whoopie with a microbiner to make it not only adjustable, but detachable. Am I on the right path here??

Also, is 1.75 mm okay for the ridgeline or should I go with 7/64 Amsteel?

Cheers.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Yes you are correct that the adjustable loop does not go through the whipping on the end. I would go with your second option simply because its hand to have a detachable ridgeline on the WBBB. When sitting in it, the RL is at your head so its nice to be able to get it out of the way. The 1.75mm line would be ok but it depends on how you set up. Typically the RL sould not be that taut and you should be able to bend it a little however if you come across trees that are too far apart and you cannot elevate your attachment points high enough to achieve around a 30 degree angle, then the RL will have more force applied to it. The closer to parallel the suspension gets the more force is exerted on the suspension and RL. I think amsteel is good for strength as well as it is a little easier to splice than smaller line.

Don't know if you've seen this thread but it would give you a chance to see some different set ups and meet some Ontario hangers.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=61472
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WB XLC Lightweight DL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Becket
    Thanks for the response, Bubba. And I know what you are saying about the smaller diameter line -- I spent a few hours playing around with some one afternoon last week and was surprised to look down and see all these blisters. Not only did I have to explain why the grass wasn't cut, but why I had all these Band-Aids on the ends of my fingers!

I think the key there is when you reach that point where you tell yourself that you don't need to taper and can just muscle it through -- well, that's when you need to taper!

And thanks for the tip on the local hang -- I had heard about it, but am still waiting to hear what has been planned for me that weekend.

• + New Posts