Hammock
    11'ers, playing with wider options
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    Had a great time as well, good to see familiar and new faces.....new rigs and techniques always keep my head spinning. Think I got my sweetheart hooked too. Shes already planning her DIY's. Looking foreard to spring already!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Great time and thank you to everybody who went out of their way to warmly welcome me.
    Speaking in front of people on Saturday morning was not nearly as bad as I had feared.
    Thanks.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Anyone know the names of the 2 young hammock guys who came in Friday night but had to go to work on Saturday? We get their names and we will hit 90 for attendance!
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Wow......a jumbo hang for sure))))) Over 80 hangers........awesome. Yes....I typed awesome.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    BlackBird dbl 1.1+Dutchware
    Tarp
    SuperFly+Dutchware
    Insulation
    HG & Mamba
    Suspension
    Straps+Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post

This year after all supporters above were reimbursed for their out of pocket costs the raffle netted $ 1,495….In consult with Happy Camper and some of the other long term vendor supporters we have disbursed $500 via Happy Camper as a donation to our hosts at Gathland State Park…We are sending a donation of $500 to the ATC in the name of the MAHHA of HF for AT trail maintenance… Finally, as is our custom, we are supporting the forums of Hammockforums.net and whiteblaze.net with the remainder of $ 495.

Until the Spring MAHHA….CARRY ON! :-)

Pan
    This is great stuff- Nice touch giving to Gathland State Park. They have been gracious hosts all these years-this year especially was not an easy one for them.
    Multitudes Ascended the Hill to Hang Again.

Let the Spring MAHHA pre-hike threads begin!
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench,a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free,and good men die like dogs.There's also a negative side"
    Hunter S. Thompson

Greg

Next time we should take up a collection to sponsor bringing shug down to a mahha. we'd just have to find a park willing to take all those people

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    Next time we should take up a collection to sponsor bringing shug down to a mahha. we'd just have to find a park willing to take all those people
    That is too funny.....rather come on my own dime. No expectations then and I can just be a dullard.
    It is always just a matter of available time constraints.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Dullards welcome, too. Fit right in ....

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20*TQ/ 0* UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    AT EASSSE!!!

Another great MAHHA… Always a please to catch up with old friends and meet new ones…And wistfully wish those who could not make it this year all the best…

Thanks to Happy Camper for making it all come together… The grill was a hugely smart addition…Thanks Dutch and Keith for the pancake breakfast and Greg for slinging the dogs and burgers.

Again thanks to all who took part in the Hang Raffle… Your participation makes the financing commitments easy for those who fronted the funds for the shelter, the grill, the food and beverages and those who ran out to gather the last minute supplies necessary to take care of the huge turnout.

Jack (Smee) and I want to thank all of the other vendors and individuals who contributed to the JRB Raffle … It really has become the MAHHA Raffle, (hoping I do not miss any Tree to Tree Trail Gear, Papa Smurf, ZQ, Dutch, Tato, ZPacks, Two Tents, Jesse, Lazy River Road, Blackfoot, Soundman, and whoever donated the UL dutch oven, Amsteel, ti pot, and alum pot cooks set.

Special thanks too to our crew of young hammockers and ticket drawers Trixie, Bug Bite, and Noah.

These Hang Raffle have enabled all of us to contribute to our community in what is becoming a very significant way… In a painless…fun filled way, we pay our bills and support our communities…. We hope that the hangs in other parts of the country will be supported by vendors in their part of the country and their hanging attendees …Trail organizations, Parks at all levels, and our on-line communities all need and deserve our support.

This year after all supporters above were reimbursed for their out of pocket costs the raffle netted $ 1,495….In consult with Happy Camper and some of the other long term vendor supporters we have disbursed $500 via Happy Camper as a donation to our hosts at Gathland State Park…We are sending a donation of $500 to the ATC in the name of the MAHHA of HF for AT trail maintenance… Finally, as is our custom, we are supporting the forums of Hammockforums.net and whiteblaze.net with the remainder of $ 495.

Until the Spring MAHHA….CARRY ON! :-)

Pan
    That is awesome!
    2019 NJ Winter Hang Coup De Grace De Grub Champion
    Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On. - Jimmy Buffett
    https://lighterpack.com/r/yk6y8s

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    I had a marvelous time it was great hanging out with old friends and always great making new one's. Medicine Man so sorry you never got around to trying out my WB RR that just gives us an easy excuse to hang/hike together. Thank all the vendors for a great raffle and to Happy Camper for putting in so much time and effort to organizing this event again and to ever one else who contributed. It's amazing how the MAHA has just multiplied over the years we've grown into quite the family. Cant wait to the next hang.
    LRR
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast