Spent my first night using my new INcubator 20* full length and though it wasn't a failure i wouldn't say it was the success i expected. The set up was nice and snug(or maybe too snug?) It seemed to fit my HH Explorer well without using the side tie outs. I had one cold butt cheek for some bizzare reason...other than that i was warm enough to survive 39 degree weather with little wind. But would i take this out in 20* hell no.

Here is a lowdown of hte conditions i tested the underquilt in to see if other incubator owners have some tips.
39* lowest maybe a few degrees lower
No wind.
20* down bag used as top quilt
thermal underwear, windproof nylon pants.
2 pairs of socks, one wool thick for trekking.
wicking t shirt, tshirt over that and a flannel shirt over the two.
Wool hat keep my shaved head warm.
Mittens which i didn't use.
No pad underneath as most owners posted they didn't need them.
MY UQP from 2QZQ will be arriving today or tommorow.
LOts of condensation on the underquilt. I live in NH
the heels of my feet were cold and i never felt as if the underquilt was covering that part though i know it was because i checked numerous times during the night.

It is the most expensive piece of gear i own beside my sleeping bag and i was honestly expecting more toasty warm like all the incubator owners rave about. Is there something i did wrong?
In all fairness to Adam and Jenny the quality of the quilt is very good, i certainly have no complaints about the workmanship. But for what it costs i was expecting a lot more performance from the quilt. In that regard i am a little disappointed; as i said i don't think i'd try to take this down to the 20* tempature rating.

Any suggestions from fellow Incubator owners would be appreciated.