Thread: Thanks!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks!!!

I wasn't sure where to post this but I wanted to get this off my chest. I would like to say thank you to all the contributors of this forum. For more than 15 years I've been a "tent guy". About 6 months ago a close friend said he wanted to plan a 5-6 day hiking trip on the Appalachian trail.

After searching for light-weight gear I came across this forum. I became hooked right away. And so went months of research. The end result was an oversized DIY gathered end hammock. My other friends hear about this and jumped on the band wagon too. But them, having more funds than I, went with ENO's and Warbonnets. The trip couldn't have turned out better! I won't be sleeping on the ground again if I have a choice.

Also with mine being oversized I was able to sleep with my pack and my boots in my hammock on the 2 rainy nights.

Once again, THANKS!!!

Hammock
    HH Explorer Delux Asym
    Insulation
    Windshiedeflectors
    Welcome to the forum! You are correct, lots of good info and very helpful people.

Truly amazing how near a better way can be, and still not be noticed. Then, out of the blue, BANG, how wonderful, etc.
    I couldn't really believe the size of the hammock camping community for a while, even as I became a part of it.
    Great stuff, this.

I've been a "convert" for nearly 2 years now and I only tent camp when there is no other option. i.e. with my 3 yr old or No trees.

Hammock
    modded grand trunk sb pro
    Tarp
    cammo 8' x 10'
    Suspension
    woopie
    my 4 yr old girl loves hammocking. she has taken over mine and now sleeps in it (indoors) every night. she keeps begging for her own so im building her a mini skeeter beeter in pink and purple. shhhhhhh.. its a surprise

I'm SO envious of all of you with little kids to take hammocking! When our now 28 yr. old daughter was little we were tent campers and Tandem bikers. I remember taking her hiking when she was around 3 and she walked for MILES. When our son came along I built a 2nd Tandem with Kid cranks and at 2 1/2 he road 75 miles in 2 days. Little kids are tougher and more resilient than most folks give them credit for. (admittedly, our kids rode often and were in good shape) Additionally, they are brutally honest and they will tell you if they are tired, hungry or both.

I'm looking forward to taking our Grandchildren hammocking....SOON. Enjoy them, they grow up too quickly.

Hammock
    DIY DL gathered end hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 11 ft cat cut
    Insulation
    DIY down diff cut
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Kids seem to take to hammocks naturally. Of course, since most of us are really just big kids you need to look no farther for your motivation to hang above ground. I add my thanks to HF and all the members who have introduced me to a new addiction....I mean hobby!
    "Live your life so that your children can tell their children that you not only stood for something wonderful- you acted on it"
    -Dan Zadra

• + New Posts