Hammock
    modded grand trunk sb pro
    Tarp
    cammo 8' x 10'
    Suspension
    woopie

4 season hammock mod.

Brainstormin here. Has anyone added snaps to hemline of hammock for underquilt? Not a hook and loop fan but i guess that might provide a more effective seal. Thinking of installing them around my sb pro. Then i can make a few different underquilts using a template of my actual hammock for a perfect fit. Also this will allow for easy packup while still attached. Simply using one size larger stuff/compression sack. Any ideas as to how this will work in the field? Any concerns?
    Also. Any thought on emergency blanket type material draped over the hammock and heat retension? I recently purchased a columbia omniheat jacket and im very impressed with this fabric and would like to use it in a number of projects. It is similarly shiny and has the reflective heat retaining properties. But is soft and silent. Are fabrics like these available to individual consumers? If anyone knows would love some info on the where and how much.
    Thanks,
    Aaron "Soul" Hastings aka "multipass"

Hammock
    DIY w/ Net
    Tarp
    DIY 11'x10' Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies + TS
    Images
    I think you may have some problems getting it to tuck up under you, and it could limit how you sleep in the hammock.

I'd mock it up using binder clips or something and see how it works.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    UQ's have been done that way. But they are either bigger than you need, or weigh more than you need, or both. Also, the design you mentioned will have a hard time staying tight.
    The shockcord suspension is probably the easiest, most adjustable design out there.

Anything draped over the rl will help retain heat/block wind. Keep the ends open some (6-8") to allow for venting. Condensation can build up quick as you breathe. You can use a poncho, rain coat (partial coverage), build a sock (full coverage), or that fabric you mentioned. Most socks are made from a breathablefabric to reduce the condensation problem.

Hammock
    modded grand trunk sb pro
    Tarp
    cammo 8' x 10'
    Suspension
    woopie
    Seems like even draped over the sides would retain a heat canopy that would have to travel back down to escape. Actually tho, with regards to the fabric version i am thinking of a fly for the bug net portion using the same bottom zipper. I think clark has something like this... But not with the omniheat type material. Very good points. Center line snaps or velcro would eliminate the slack but hadnt thot about the weight of the resulting oversized quilt of course it would not have to be full hammock length. I think a full width underquilt would be nice tho
    Last edited by soulsurvivor; 10-26-2012 at 10:02.

• + New Posts