so we had a cubscout weekend( me and my son of course). Got there late set up my tarp first and set it up to high. Set up my bmbh for my son and went to set up my bias camper and realized I left my webbing at home. So I went home and got my webbing. Now I was all set. The spot I chose was just off a lake and we had the fringe of the hurricane so the wind was 20mph sustained with gusts up to forty. That night I got me and my son in and snugged up( I know I need an uq), but I did have trouble getting my pads set. In the end I slept great even with all the wind. The only problem was getting out of my warm comfy hammock into a windy chill.

later that afternoon I wanted to fix my tarp and lower it and maybe rig some closed doors out if my 16x20. When I was walking up I heard ripping. My tarp was being pulled and it was ripping. I had the tarp over the ridgeline and then tied thru the gromits pulled tight to the edges. I also only had 4 tie outs on the ground.
now the reason I gave up and went to ground was because I am attending the uwharrie hang next week and I only have one tarp left. I have another tarp, but it will only acomidate one hammock and I use the walmart tarp to cover both hammocks.

lessons I learned:
make an inventory list to include all items needed for a trip.
if you can set the hammocks up first.
try not to rely on other people to keep your schedule.
use all tie outs.
have the right equipment whenever possible.
and know how to use it.
deligate more things to compitant people so I can focus more on my setup and more important my son.
choose a better spot.
I am still doing something wrong but thanks to brian with bias I used the arl and made it as large as possible.