Eno double nest / WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Mamajamba w/doors
    Insulation
    20* Incubator
    Suspension
    diy woppie slings

Hammock Blanks

Hey guys, I was woundering if anyone has tried the hammock blanks from D.I.Y. Gear Supply, I ordered two and was thinking about sewing them together and making a double layer gathered end hammock.
    Anyways, they are ordered and in route Hopping It will work

Hammock
    Kammock Roo, HH Explorer Deluxe Zip
    Tarp
    HeX
    Insulation
    EE 20* TQ & DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Dynex Cinch Buckle
    Been curious myself, some detailed pics would be sweet.

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    There was a surge this summer of tablecloth hammocks, which is basically what the blank is. Here is one of the threads: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ght=tablecloth
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Mamajamba w/doors
    Insulation
    20* Incubator
    Suspension
    diy woppie slings
    thanks granny some great info

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    You are welcome! Here is another one: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...leclothfactory
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Many of us are using the tableclothsfactory crinkle taffeta for our hammocks. Best hammock I've owned so far.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images

What is it about the crinkle tafetta fabric?

With such a strong !!Hooray!!, DivaB, would you expand on what the characteristics are that have you so enthusiastic? Or point to the previous post in which you may have already explained?

We can hang from any fabric if it is strong enough, but before wasting $ and time time on what we know from past experience we are not likely to like, it would be good to learn more about what makes something work for us. I recently noticed the diversity of fabrics Hennessey uses across their model line and thought, on the basis of my experience with Clarks, that I might like a particular one of those Hennessey models for its fabric, but not likely all of them.

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    With such a strong !!Hooray!!, DivaB, would you expand on what the characteristics are that have you so enthusiastic? Or point to the previous post in which you may have already explained?

We can hang from any fabric if it is strong enough, but before wasting $ and time time on what we know from past experience we are not likely to like, it would be good to learn more about what makes something work for us. I recently noticed the diversity of fabrics Hennessey uses across their model line and thought, on the basis of my experience with Clarks, that I might like a particular one of those Hennessey models for its fabric, but not likely all of them.
    Demostix, due to health issues, I'm not a big backpacker, and I use a cart, so I can afford a bit more luxury in my sleep hammock out in the woods. My favorite by far may not be for many, but it certainly works for me. It's finished measurements are 90" wide and 12' long and I just love it. Many of us are using the 60" wide out in the woods. This material is strong enough to hang from and some of our cottage suppliers use it too. It's not very stretchy, it feels real nice next to the skin....and mine is big enough to do somersaults in, if I was so inclined to do

From past experience here on the forums dating back almost a year now, this actually goes back further than Tendertoe's review thread of the material.. Many using the tableclothes/crinkle taffeta have not had failure. There have only been a couple...documented anyways, and that would really be no different than what few failures there have been in other hammocks. Its a very affordable option for those not into UL, it's a sturdy material, and very comfortable. It can also be used as an affordable means to even see if they like sleeping in a hammock to begin with.

For those interested, I do have other threads in regards to this material. http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=52163 and also http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=53004 and just because I'm different there is this http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=54769

To each their own
    Last edited by DivaB; 10-30-2012 at 16:05.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Mamajamba w/doors
    Insulation
    20* Incubator
    Suspension
    diy woppie slings
    I Just got them in yesterday they are a bit heavy but I plan on making a cadillac of D.I.Y. craftsmanship LOL, I am going to sewing a channel on both sides to accomadate a faux foot box gathering with some bungie cord. and then leaving an opening for a sleeping pad to be inserted between.

• + New Posts