Seeking a 12 x 10 lightweight tarp

Hey all...

I'm having a bit of a nightmare... i'm trying to find the rolls-royce of lightweight tarps in brown - though a subdued green will be fine also.

It's going to be pitched (pretty much without fail) as an a-frame over 2 hammocks for 3 season use. So far I have come up short... the only one I've seen in brown is by MEC but it's got a bad hanging arrangement with off-centre hanging points along the ridge (d'oh!) and a few others don't seem willing to make for or ship to the UK.

Any help or advice would be most welcome, I don't have the option to make one myself and I want 2 for the spring.

Cheers,

Joe
    Last edited by squidders; 11-23-2008 at 16:26.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by squidders View Post
    Hey all...

I'm having a bit of a nightmare... i'm trying to find the rolls-royce of lightweight tarps in brown - though a subdued green will be fine also.

It's going to be pitched (pretty much without fail) as an a-frame over 2 hammocks for 3 season use. So far I have come up short... the only one I've seen in brown is by MEC but it's got a bad hanging arrangement with off-centre hanging points along the ridge (d'oh!) and a few others don't seem willing to make for or ship to the UK.

Any help or advice would be most welcome, I don't have the option to make one myself and I want 2 for the spring.

Cheers,

Joe
    Squidders,

JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp in brown is currently out of stock (Due in next month sometime).... It is also currently available in moss green (like olive drab)...Currently $ 20 off during the holiday sale... Since it is made in America it is more like a Cadillac than a "Rolls".... JRB routinely ships to the UK.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Thanks for the reply Pan... I'm trying to avoid cat cut tarps because I like to only tie out the 4 corners and that's not possible with the cat.

Also, the 12 foot is an essential size. they're pretty long hammocks and there's no sleeping diagonally when you're side by side under one tarp.

Thanks for the reply though, it's certainly food for thought.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    I'm not sure about brown, but Brian at OES will make you a 12' cat tarp with only the corner guys, I'd bet.

I've got a 12' BlackCat tarp with only the corner guys and it has been really nice.
    Last edited by angrysparrow; 11-24-2008 at 15:28.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by squidders View Post
    Thanks for the reply Pan... I'm trying to avoid cat cut tarps because I like to only tie out the 4 corners and that's not possible with the cat.

Also, the 12 foot is an essential size. they're pretty long hammocks and there's no sleeping diagonally when you're side by side under one tarp.

Thanks for the reply though, it's certainly food for thought.
    Squidders,

Understand the size point.

Re you comment on cat cuts.... FWIW, the four corner tie out still works great as the dual cats, default to a single cat when only the corners are used... We do it all the time.

For a straight 12x10 check out Equinox or the Campmor versions.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

• + New Posts