Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hennessy?

Images
    the bottom entry is the 8-track of hammocks. a little more trouble, but the music still rocks.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    My husband loves the bottom entry because he has bad knees and he finds it much easier to get in and out of it.
    The Deep Jungle XL SargeVining is talking about is a great deal. You get the entire set up for $209 (that is DJ XL Hammock, tarp, suspension, tree straps, reflective pad, and maybe snakeskins). That is $120 less than the regular price. If I didn't already have one, I'd jump on this.
    Plus the material the Deep Jungle is made out of is so soft and comfy, and it is a double layer.

You can call Hennessey at 1 888 539 2930
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    the bottom entry is the 8-track of hammocks. a little more trouble, but the music still rocks.
    i still like the old 8 tracts ha! but not positive bout the hammocks!

Hammock
    HH
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    Jarbridge/Mamba
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I really like my bottom entry HH. No problem with leaves, dirt, etc, the hammock never touches the ground, so I don't see how that could be a problem. Getting in is easy--pull the velcro apart, sit, lie back, zip!-the velcro closes itself behind me. Getting out, I don't have to fumble for the little zipper pull, I don't even have to use my hands. Just dig a toe into the velcro, then the other foot, pull apart, put legs out the hole, and sit up. I don't understand why some people have a problem with it.

Just my experience.

Weaver

Hammock
    HH Explorer Delux Asym
    Insulation
    Windshiedeflectors
    I have a HH with Velcro-- never had a problem. I did have the side zippers installed and find the zipper entry much easier to get situated in the hammock.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    thank you all! im still deciding but im leaning towards it, plus the one i found is a really good deal. like 30 percent off retail too. so maybe ill get it soon

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Standard + HH HEx
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Standard+Figure9
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
    I really like my bottom entry HH. No problem with leaves, dirt, etc, the hammock never touches the ground, so I don't see how that could be a problem. Getting in is easy--pull the velcro apart, sit, lie back, zip!-the velcro closes itself behind me. Getting out, I don't have to fumble for the little zipper pull, I don't even have to use my hands. Just dig a toe into the velcro, then the other foot, pull apart, put legs out the hole, and sit up. I don't understand why some people have a problem with it.

Just my experience.

Weaver
    x2 - I love the velcro bottom entry.
    So easy to use, just stick your toe in and stand up. Great for when you are really sleepy but need to do a midnight visit to the boy's room....
    --------------
    who? me?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Everything changes - so plan for change....

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Balloons
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    The velcro is just there to keep one stray mosquito out. You could remove the velcro, and the hammock would still work the same way. It is the shape of the hammock and your weight that keeps the slit closed. (Is there a PC way to say this?)

You have quite a few of us within a few miles of you here in NC. You are in Mayberry, I am in Mt Pilot, for example. Lots of hangers in Mt Pilot and surrounding areas.

There may be better and cooler choices than a classic Hennessey, but they work very well. Cold weather and underquilts do point one in a different direction, though.
    I love the unimproved works of God. - Horace Kephart

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    There are times, very few mind you, that I prefer the bottom entry HHs. I've set them in pretty dense brush where getting in and out of the side would have been a serious pain. When it comes to keeping mosquitoes out, that bottom entry is just about impossible to beat because it snaps shut much faster than futzing with a zipper. JMO, but I think they have a place in a balanced hammock arsenal.

But you don't have to just have your cake, you can actually eat it too. For the price of a couple of visits from Domino's, you can send it off to 2QZQ for a zipper mod. Leave the bottom slit in place and get the best of both worlds.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12