HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/f...ower-gear.html

Check out these Flame Throwers about half way down the page!
    Plus one on these bad boys. In the winter in China, especially in some of the places I stay ... I ALWAYS carry the pair I bought from Paul. man will they keep your feet nice and toasty. Definite reccmd. from me on these for keeping your feet comfortable ... not made for walking in but sleeping or sitting around ... really good.

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    Hennessy Exp Asym
    Tarp
    Equinox
    Insulation
    LeighLo TQ, HHSS
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Athens-m50 View Post
    anyone used the "Hot Water Bottle" way?......Boil water and fill your Nalgene bottle....throw it in the bottom of your bag?.....seems like that might work?.....not tried it?
    I came here to say this. Hot Water Bottle will work wonders. I also use a small piece of a blue foam pad that I've glued on a piece of reflective emergency blanket. I can attach this with some shock cord to the foot box of my LeighLo TQ and feet stay toasty all night.

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Down booties are definitely a solution that will warm you up no matter what. But you said that you always have cold feet problems. Have you gone to your doctor and made sure that you have proper circulation in your feet? Do you get cramps after an hour or two of not walking? I had the cold feet problem for quite some time until I mentioned it to my doctor, he put me on an aspirin regiment of all things, 50 mg a day, and after a month, my cold feet where a thing of the past. Might be something to think about.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lilricky View Post
    Down booties are definitely a solution that will warm you up no matter what. But you said that you always have cold feet problems. Have you gone to your doctor and made sure that you have proper circulation in your feet? Do you get cramps after an hour or two of not walking? I had the cold feet problem for quite some time until I mentioned it to my doctor, he put me on an aspirin regiment of all things, 50 mg a day, and after a month, my cold feet where a thing of the past. Might be something to think about.
    How 'bout that. I personally have the opposite issue, I usually have to rip my socks off at night because they get hot and start to sweat. Maybe I'm just strange...

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl & WB XLC
    Tarp
    OESMCD W/PMOD
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, JRB HR TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Two pairs of mid-weight smartwool socks with a lightly filled thermarest lite sit pad in the footbox of my of my JRB HR(L). Been toasty down to 24 degrees.
    "It's a wanderful life."

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Are you sleeping with a hat? The Jacks told me once if you have cold feet, put on a hat!
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    If you smoke...quit. Worked for me.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Parka, jacket or down vest over the footbox does me well....and my friend Timmy too.
    JRB Down Sleeves over feet work good in crackin' cold.
    Shug

Last edited by Shug; 11-01-2012 at 10:11.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    I suffer from cold feet also...really ruins your night dosnt it.

I found using a fresh pair of polyester (dress) socks, then a plastic bag (vapor barrier), then a loose pair of thick wool work socks kept my feet warm.
    For really cold weather (-20*C and below) I made a tube out of reflectix that surounds my feet and legs up to the knees. Toasty and works very well when sitting on the snow around a fire.

Good luck!
    +1 on the VB socks, I was just about to rec the same thing, worth a try. And cost nothing to experiment with plastic bags. The thinnest possible layer against the skin ( since it will get damp) just helps reduce the icky feeling of damp VB in contact with skin. http://warmlite.com/warmlite-vapor-barrier-clothing makes some VB socks lined with "Fuzzy stuff " ( ~ $8 ) that feels better to me than a separate sock layer. I think their "fuzzy stuff" VB shirt also feels better than most VB setups I have tried. But: A liner sock layer plus the plastic bag layer ( bread sacks? ) will jst mean you need even a larger outer sock size to keep every thing loose, avoiding circulation problems and the cold feet that causes!

Some folks here have complained of condensation getting their TQ's foot box damp when using a leg pad, apparently solved by putting the pad inside the foot box. Also, I remember reading from the BPL people about foot box loss of loft on their down bags/quilts way before having problems in the rest of their bags. And the one time I did not use a space blanket(VB) and also had lots of condensation in my HH Super Shelter, it was all in the foot area. So, I'm thinking maybe feet really crank out the vapor? If this problem really is mostly from the feet and not much from the lower legs also, VB socks should stop all of it cold. And should also stop any lack of warmth caused by the above dampness in the foot area insulation. Plus of course stop all evaporative cooling of the feet even before the insulation becomes damp.
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 11-01-2012 at 09:08.

Images
    AKA foot sized Pea Pod!

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Parka, jacket or down vest over the footbox does me well....and my friend Timmy too.
    Shug

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast