Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67
  1. #21
    Senior Member Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,219
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeHouse View Post
    great info... thanks for sharing
    Thanks man! You did. Great job on Black Wolf's tarp and I'm looking forward to seeing it in person soon.

    Fronkey

  2. #22
    Member johmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SEQ Australia
    Hammock
    DD Traveller
    Tarp
    DD Camo
    Insulation
    Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    62
    Thanks Fronkey.
    I look at my pack and see there's a ton of work to do.
    They say people "pack to their fears"
    I must be a real scaredy cat :-)

    Also, of all the videos I've watched, this the first time where it's very obvious how much higher the feet are above the head.
    As someone who is prone to cramp I set my hammock up flatter than you although it feel like my feet high, as I'm concerned about the blood leaving my feet and (a) cramp, or(b) cold feet.
    Must try it a little higher and see what happens. As they say HYOH.
    Thanks again

  3. #23
    Senior Member Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,219
    Quote Originally Posted by johmar View Post
    Thanks Fronkey.
    I look at my pack and see there's a ton of work to do.
    They say people "pack to their fears"
    I must be a real scaredy cat :-)

    Also, of all the videos I've watched, this the first time where it's very obvious how much higher the feet are above the head.
    As someone who is prone to cramp I set my hammock up flatter than you although it feel like my feet high, as I'm concerned about the blood leaving my feet and (a) cramp, or(b) cold feet.
    Must try it a little higher and see what happens. As they say HYOH.
    Thanks again
    Take in mind that the stuff I'm carrying works for ME and probably won't work for everyone. The same thing goes with how I hang my hammock. Being comfy and taking what you you need to have fun in the woods is what's important.

    Thanks a lot for watching.

    Fronkey

  4. #24
    Redoleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pennfield Twp, MI
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Posts
    3,416
    Images
    70
    Good show Fronkey. I always dig see'n other folk's rig. Thats a pretty cool harness for the dog too, I've never seen a padded dog harness before, but then again I don't have a dog so that's not too surprising. Thanks for the tour.
    Good luck,
    RED

    My Youtube Channel

    Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

  5. #25
    HappyCamper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WV
    Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Posts
    3,649
    Images
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Are you asking how low in temperature? If so, I've hit 21f with this gear and wasn't even wearing all my clothes. I bet I could do about 15f if I wore everything. Lower if I let tala sleep in the hammock.

    Fronkey
    Yes! Thanks. Nice to have your own furry furnace as backup.
    I intend to live forever, or die trying. -- Groucho Marx (1890 - 1977)
    Talk does not cook rice. -- Chinese Proverb

  6. #26
    Senior Member Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    Good show Fronkey. I always dig see'n other folk's rig. Thats a pretty cool harness for the dog too, I've never seen a padded dog harness before, but then again I don't have a dog so that's not too surprising. Thanks for the tour.
    The harness is fantastic and worked so well while putting in the miles. Thanks a lot for watching Red.

    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    Yes! Thanks. Nice to have your own furry furnace as backup.
    She is super toasty.

    Fronkey

  7. #27
    I Learn So Others Can Too FireInMyBones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Piedmont, SC
    Hammock
    Bonefire™ UL
    Tarp
    Dawn Treader Sock
    Insulation
    Bonefire™
    Suspension
    Straps & buckles
    Posts
    2,517
    Images
    46
    Very nice. I think my pack video is too long and not as entertaining. My gear list is still changing. Everytime I see one of these, I have to switch up my gear a little bit to test out something new. I loved it as always. I hope we can run a trip on the Foothills together in the spring. One of these days I'll have some money for travel and make it on the SHT.

    I recently went from a neck knife to a Leatherman CS Style. I like it due to its bigger scissors.
    Last edited by FireInMyBones; 11-01-2012 at 20:57.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones" Owner of Bonefire™ Gear

    "If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 4:11

    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    FireInMyBones; he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.
    My YouTube
    My Trail Journal
    http://www.peopleforbikes.org/

  8. #28
    Skygzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St.Louis, MO
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    681
    super nice!
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

  9. #29
    Senior Member Catavarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Posts
    3,534
    Images
    3
    Ripping out bladder sleave, cutting straps, removing attachment points. I think what we have here is a case of gramweenieosis. It's okay there are support groups for it. And although I may have to dodge trees jumping out to get me and use satelite surveilance to not loose you, I'd go hiking with you any day. I'd even let you carry some of my gear. You know since you have the extra weight to spare.


    Thanks for the peak inside your pack. Been waiting for this video since your trip report videos.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

    Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

    Trail name: Radar

    2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

  10. #30
    Senior Member Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,219
    Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    Very nice. I think my pack video is too long and not as entertaining. My gear list is still changing. Everytime I see one of these, I have to switch up my gear a little bit to test out something new. I loved it as always. I hope we can run a trip on the Foothills together in the spring. One of these days I'll have some money for travel and make it on the SHT.

    I recently went from a neck knife to a Leatherman CS Style. I like it due to its bigger scissors.
    Honestly, I thought this was the hardest video to make because it is very difficult to make a video like this entertaining and funny without making it really long.
    We will seriously keep in touch on that hike. After I finish my little quest in February I will put that right on the table.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skygzr View Post
    super nice!
    Super Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    Ripping out bladder sleave, cutting straps, removing attachment points. I think what we have here is a case of gramweenieosis. It's okay there are support groups for it. And although I may have to dodge trees jumping out to get me and use satelite surveilance to not loose you, I'd go hiking with you any day. I'd even let you carry some of my gear. You know since you have the extra weight to spare.


    Thanks for the peak inside your pack. Been waiting for this video since your trip report videos.
    All that cutting and snipping added up to 4.5 oz. That's like 2 Snickers bars!!!
    If we ever hit the trail I'll for sure carry some of your stuff and give you one of my Snickers.

    Thanks a lot for watching.

    Fronkey

Similar Threads

  1. Video: 14 lb winter base weight.
    By BlazeAway in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 14:55
  2. U.L. Hammock Base Weight
    By mugs in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 14:53

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •