Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
Does Dutchware normally send a shipping notification? I ordered my stuff on Monday and haven't heard anything from them. This is my first order from them, so I don't know what to expect.
Notifications get sent with every shipped product at the end of the day, usually around 5:00 pm (the post office closes at 4:30 and I am usually the last customer there). Please remember that with the complete suspension, spliced flyz and stringers and our newest ridgelines, I create these as they are ordered. There are just too many options to keep every spliced item and hugger/strap length stocked. I do try to create extra of standard stuff but as soon as I get a couple extra items made you all come along and buy it all up. Can't complain about that.

Plus since I do not technically work for Dutchware, our companies work together to create the magic, I get to create my own hours. The opportunity to enjoy life more because of what Dutch has given me is something that I take advantage of. I cannot thank him enough for allowing me to be the sole Elf, it is the best "job" I could ever imagine. You all think he is a generous and caring person but you only see the Tarp, there is so much more underneath that is even better.

My wife and I have a single grandson who is 3 1/2 and spends 2-3 nights/days a week with us. When he is here I get to enjoy being with him and for nothing will I give that up. I do miss sleeping on those days. I missed to much time with my three stepchildren growing up because of the flawed thinking that work was the most important thing in my life. I am glad I got the chance to let life teach me that lesson while I still have a chance to enjoy it. Since my wife had a major back surgery last month and has been down (she is doing fantastic now though and helping around the shop and house again) it has been pretty hectic.

All that being said we do strive to get all orders out the same or next day and for the most part we have been able to do that. If there ever is a need for parts or anything Dutchware sells to be delivered to you with deadline, ie an upcoming hang, please let me know either in your order or by emailing me at [email protected] and I will either put an even greater effort or if needed we can even manually upgrade the shipping method. I am very flexible and as you all know Dutch will not spare any expense or effort to make sure every customer is completely satisfied, another reason I am proud to work with him.

Please except our best wishes for a Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday Season and a Prosperous New Year!!