Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    In your browser, on the left holding this pose in real-time, for your amusement
    Hammock
    WBBBH (summer) and WBTH (3 season)
    Tarp
    Not blown away yet
    Insulation
    UQ Connoisseur
    Suspension
    Fig-9's no huggers
    Images

frustrated.

This is absolutely retarded. Still uploading!!! Keeps crashing out with a few percent to go. Youtube is $#!7, #%!@ @^%+) !! AND #%@!@%!
    @#% (*)*##@#%!!

anyways .... I had time to polish up the JRB ad a bit. Fixed the timing and transitions are smoother. Also some font issues.

Something to look at anyway for those that are waiting out the upload.

Webhost: www.ehko.info

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Well I am one that is waiting for the episode 2 part 2. I guess I will rewatch the others while I'm sitting here tapping my foot waiting!!! Thanks for all you go through to make these videos. I love watching them

Hammock
    Tarp
    Not blown away yet
    Insulation
    UQ Connoisseur
    Suspension
    Fig-9's no huggers
    Images
    Well finally. Part 2 is up. Sheesh, that took forever and a day.

Quote Originally Posted by whitefoot_hp View Post
    turk, what is the most technical whitewater you would feel comfortable with in that raft, with a regular amount of gear, in similar conditions?
    I have not done a great deal of whitewater in the packrafts yet. But you will certainly see more next season. What I have done, has been low volume class II and III with a fully loaded boat, and no major performance problems to report. I have also done a little bit of class IV, with an unloaded boat.
    Thats 'standard WW classification' mind you... not the 'new packrafting PR, classification' being quickly spread by roman dial's book.

The boats handle low volume whitewater amazingly well. But I am still coming to grips with the handling differences having come from a ww kayaking background. Its really different. Everything from setting up your line, to how you make eddy moves is almost counter intuitive if you think in terms of ww kayaking.
    Last edited by turk; 11-26-2008 at 06:55.

Images
    so turk, did you ever get the condensation issue worked out that you had on your first night with the superfly?

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

another great one

That was another great episode Turk. Dont you wish there was a place as good as Youtube that would allow longer than 10min for a video! You two look like you are having fun but WOW it looks cold up there!

If I had to make a suggestion it would be to consider a little creative editing around the 5:37 mark. I suppose it is not a big deal but my son and I were not quite expecting that one....

I second the praise of Ziploc bags.

Adam

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    Another great video !
    I personally think the ad thing is maybe getting to much ?
    I think it would be enough with talking/reviewing the product in the film and then do the ad thing in the end.
    Just my 2 cents

The outtakes where great , more of those

It warms my heart to hear you guys laugh, you do that a lot.
    You must have a ball !

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Down top & bottom
    Suspension
    Strap and buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    It warms my heart to hear you guys laugh, you do that a lot.
    You must have a ball !
    I suspect that some of that laughter was of the helplessly hysterical "what were we thinking!?" variety. At least, that's what I'd be doing.

Great videos!

Would only change one thing: soundtrack for part one was a lot louder than the talking. Not so bad in part two.

Seeing all that snow and ice reminds my why I moved from Michigan to California ...

liz

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Hey Turk ...... fun watching part 2! I loved seeing the tarp comparisons ... pros & cons. Good to see this type of stuff in the field.
    You two really laughed a lot. Tis good to have a mate to share the excitement and fun misery that only cold weather backpackers understand.
    I gotta get a Mt. Washington!!!!
    Quilt envy here.
    Shug
    "everyones a critic" LOL
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Tarp
    Not blown away yet
    Insulation
    UQ Connoisseur
    Suspension
    Fig-9's no huggers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    If I had to make a suggestion it would be to consider a little creative editing around the 5:37 mark. I suppose it is not a big deal but my son and I were not quite expecting that one....
    eek! Man, I totally slipped on that one. My sincere apologies to all. That was poor post production on my part. We are just a couple of plumbers in real life, so sometimes the explicit stuff slips and I don't even realize it. I should remedy that.

Quote Originally Posted by eay View Post
    Would only change one thing: soundtrack for part one was a lot louder than the talking. Not so bad in part two.
    Thanks for the tip. Its one of my beefs with my garbage editing program, the sound levels before you render the video are completely different from what you get as a finished product when you publish.
    I will try and smooth that out for next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    I personally think the ad thing is maybe getting to much ?
    I think it would be enough with talking/reviewing the product in the film and then do the ad thing in the end.
    Thanks for that. Feedback from my audience is very important. I will keep trying to evolve future episodes based on viewer feedback. Preciate it

Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    so turk, did you ever get the condensation issue worked out that you had on your first night with the superfly?
    I think so. I meant to clarify in the video, prior to that trip, I had been using the superfly backyard testing, so while it was not my 'first night ever' using it ... it was my first real 'field test'. Something I somehow did not manage to film myself clarifying. I am currently trying to discover what the minimum ventilation requirements are for a given temp range. With the design of the superfly I have total control over my venting, so it is a matter of trial and error to discover how tightly I can seal myself in against windchill but balance condensation. You will see more footage of this soon.

One of the things I am going to experiment with are independent video reviews. These will air separate from the "Adventures With Turk" series. They will be evolving reviews over time. First impressions, later field trials, and then a summary on the product being reviewed.

The JRB hammock hut, and the Warbonnet Superfly are my 2 lab rats for this kind of video.
    Last edited by turk; 11-26-2008 at 17:46.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Good stuff Turk!!! Good information... & enjoyable too<G>!
    I don't think I would want to be out in that little raft in those temps, but it wasn't bad at all watching from here
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast