WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Quote Originally Posted by drchip View Post
    Thanks David. It would be great to get together at a group hang, but I doubt I'll be able to do it this weekend. I'd hoped to take the kids out to Alum Creek this weekend for a final tent camping trip for the year, but at the moment everyone in the family but me is sick, so even that is likely on hold.

Actually hoping to try an overnighter at Zaleski in mid-December (I was last there in late September), and that's why I'm thinking of updating my gear. Any Ohio folks do trips that late down there?
    Yep! Most of the Ohio folks like the winter hangs, we were in Zaleski mid Dec last year in the single digits and then again on New Years Day in those high winds. Keep your eye out for Ohio Hangs, we usually get out every month somewhere, mostly Zaleski and Mohican.

Hope the family has a great time at Alum Creek. I live up that way in the small town of Sunbury.

Have a good weekend,

David

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I've been in the same boat and found that I really need one bag and one top quilt. Right now I only have the TQ and like you, when I camp with the family on colder nights the TQ represents some challenges.

I have used a 30 deg TQ down to 27 (on the ground with a good insulated pad) and was cold, but only because I sleep on my side and roll around due to a shoulder issue. The drafts are what got me.

If I had to have either a TQ or a bag I would have purchased the 20 deg bag (specific WM bag at about 1lb 15 oz). HOWEVER, you also need the UQ so the cost continues to go up, unless you're using a pad in the hammock (which for me was really not fun. Condensation and a moving piece of insulation).

Hope that helps.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12