I'd like to take a second and just offer up a reminder that now is a great time to check your gear!

I took my hammock out today to test some new stuff and gave it a good look over, noted my whoopies look a little "thin" and will be replacing soon. While I was at it, I pulled the hammock apart and gave it a nice hot water bath in the tub, followed by a cold shower to rinse off outside on my improvised paracord clothes line.

So, need some reasons?

This time of year its getting cooler, and for a good many of us, hanging will slow down if not stop all together. Take this time to give your suspension and hammock body a good look over, including all seams. If you can, hang or lay it flat (a shower curtain rod or nice flat floor help, ha) and go over the whole thing making sure theres no runs or torn stitching. Run the suspension carefully thru your hands to make sure theres nothing poking out (Ive see twigs and such work their way into whoopies) and everything is how it should be.

And if you DO find something amiss, well guess what? ITS THE HOLIDAY SEASON!!! Gear like quilts and tarps, even new hammocks can be added to the wish list, and what better time then now to support our cottage vendors? Not to mention when you go thru all your stuff you may just find a good amount of gear you dont use that can be passed on in the PIF thread.

So guys & gals, take a little time this week and go over your stuff. Look thru your closets and see what you dont use and pass it on to someone who can, or post it to fund more gear!