Quote Originally Posted by dejoha View Post
Sounds like quite the adventure -- good luck!

Your list of hammocks is great and any of them would be fine for your trip, although not all are "complete" kits with an included tarp and bug net. The Hammock Bliss no-see-um-no-more is a great choice if you are leaning that direction anyway. One thing that separates that hammock from the others on this list is that the Hammock Bliss hammock can be turned upside down with the bug net on the bottom when you don't need it. This is possible because the bug net does not use a structural ridgeline. I like this in a hammock because it offers more modularity.

The other really nice thing about this hammock is the body is made from a single piece of parachute nylon that is very wide. It's going to be a very comfortable hammock for you.

Since you are bike touring, you can get away with a bit more weight and also reduce costs. For an under quilt, you could possibly get away with a poncho liner under quilt, if you're looking to save some cash.
Thank you very much for your advice man. I will be looking into the hammock bliss this weekend (luckily they have distributors in Australia) so I can see how they feel. I like the versatility. I will look into the poncho liners as well, and a few DIY directions to see if I can make it work. Thank you!!