Hello all, long-time lurker, first time poster.

I am in the market to collect what I need to build a 3-season hammock kit (hammock, tarp & maybe some type of UQ or TQ). I figure next year I'll be taking more and longer dual sport motorcycle trips, so I want to be able to camp overnight. It would appear hanging equipment is lighter and takes up less space on the little bike's rack than a tent & sleeping pad/bag.

So I'm actually a full-sized adult, at 6'6" tall and about 275 lbs. My question: which hammocks and straps should I be looking at for persons of my size?

I have ordered Dejoa's book about hammock camping basics. I saw and visited the link for the weight distribution calculator and am shocked that that amount of stress is put upon a strap! I don't want to have that dream where I'm falling and have it not be a dream! So do I need woven wire rope like what holds up the Golden Gate Bridge?

Which hammocks are long enough that my feet won't stick out the end? Which are made from materials that won't split in the night, giving me the second birth of my life?

Finally, what's a great source for these HD hammock set-ups?

Thanks in advance!