I'm doing the Snoopy happy dance around the room right now....

My wife has actually said she might, potentially, be interested in, perhaps, backpacking with me if I can set her up with a hammock system.

She is in super good condition, but she is petite. She can run 15 miles at a time, but she only weighs 106#. We hiked Cloud's Rest in Yosemite in a single day this summer and she did great. But the thought of carrying a bunch of weight was a "no-go" in the conversation.

She also has zero interest in sleeping on the ground. Too "old", have to pee four times at night, too many rocks, too cold, etc... Frankly, these are my complaints too, but I'm not letting on....

I asked, "what if you could carry way less than #20 and sleep off the ground in a hammock?" She looked at me like I had a lobster on my heat..

She's used the Wally World Hammocks that take just more than breaking wind to tip you over in. I explained that there are hammocks on the market now with bug screens, tarps, and then I started talking about underquilts and overquilts and I think I almost saw a tear in her eye.

She did make the statement; "so I have to find a place to camp with two trees exactly the right distance apart?" Well, I have a bit of the same trepidation. But I'm reading and watching and talking and trying to get over it.....

I even mentioned the Clark Vertex built for two and she didn't completely brush me off. This is a huge inroad!!!

So I guess I'm just sharing my awesome good fortune, bragging about my awesome wife, and asking for any input as to ways to make this a quicker and easier transition... The boys are late teenage and have just less than zero interest in hiking with the parents, so it is just the two of us for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for any responses...
BDG