So I'm a "hanger" with some questions. First off I'll tell you how I started hanging. Not to long ago I had a date and she wanted a romantic night at the cliffs. I had to make a hammock for us to sit in so I made one out of a bed sheet and some paracord. It worked out wonders. In fact, I have the same hammock attached to a loft bed so I can sleep in it when ever my main bed is to rough.

That's how I started, this is how I'm going further. First off I plan on using a Hammock Bliss Ultralight Hammock to sleep in and a Grand Trunk Ultralight Hammock to hold my stuff in. I might change it up if you guys know if one is better than the other. But that's my plan. Some simple problems that I've found is that the bottom of it is freezing. I can have plenty of blankets on the top but all my body heat is lost though the bottom. I know you guys have a term for this, what is it?

Also if anyone can give me any quick suggestions on a winter set up? That would be amazing. I live in Michigan so the weather get's cold at times but I don't want to stop hanging in the winter. So I'd rather stay all winter long. I know I might need to get a different hammock for this and I will if I have to. The sleeping bag I use while in a hammock is the Everest Mummy +5F/-15C Degree Sleeping Bag. I don't know if I should mod the end so the hammock can be pulled through or not.

I know I shouldn't put my questions in the introduction but I don't know much about hammocks so I don't want to post in the wrong area. Please help me and welcome me to the forum.