Hammock
    Dream Freebird & Sparrow
    Tarp
    Cave Creek 12' XL
    Insulation
    Puffles & DIY
    Suspension
    Straps & rings
    Just read the entire thread. Very nice job on the sock. Mine is just pull over tube ala Just Jeff. Condensation is not too bad but we don't get the cold here in Florida that you do there.
    Numbers 35:34
    You shall not defile the land in which you live, in the midst of which I dwell...

"You can lead a man to Congress, but you can't make him think." - Milton Berle

"I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BearBurrito View Post
    Just read the entire thread. Very nice job on the sock. Mine is just pull over tube ala Just Jeff. Condensation is not too bad but we don't get the cold here in Florida that you do there.
    Thank you, BearBurrito! I've been using it here in Indiana with the cooler weather we're having. Lows in the 50's and 60's and lots of rain of course. I love the waterproof bottom - I store all my gear inside and I can slip on my shoes/boots just by stepping into the sock. The zipper lets me regulate the temps inside easily - no stuffy feeling at all.
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    Very nice seams and over all good work.

My rough sock gave me a great intro to hanging when I needed it. It makes one feel cozy and warm -- like a cocoon.

Mike

Learn to survive and thrive in any situation, for you never know what might happen. Love family and friends passionately. Suffer no fool. Know your purpose in life and follow it with all your heart.

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSH View Post
    Very nice seams and over all good work.

My rough sock gave me a great intro to hanging when I needed it. It makes one feel cozy and warm -- like a cocoon.

Thanks MDSH! It's starting to be a "home away from home" project. I need to update some of the pictures - later today.
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Updated pics and I'm happy with it "as is"! It weighs 10.2 oz with the top sewn and shock cord closure for the ends. It fits my 11ft hammocks fine, though it is a "perfect fit" for my 10 footers.

I really feel the answer to my condensation problem was a frost bib - since I began using it, I've had no condensation - except on me, as the bib wicks the moisture back onto my jacket and shirt so I end up with a wet spot on my neck and chest. It's like wringing out a washcloth every morning. I don't mind at all.

So an almost year long test for an average 15 degree increase of inside the sock temps and 20+ if I used a small tea candle in a baby food jar hanging from my ridgeline. In 50 and 60 degree nights I dont need a top quilt at all and have to keep the door partially unzipped to vent. This is using a torso length summer weight down underquilt.

So or sew................the end!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Underquilts.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910