Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Thanks for the report, Lost_Biker and glad you survived.
    Your sock probably would have faired better if the tarp had held up to shield it from the wind.

I have a question. After you added the zipper door, did you sew up the TED style opening at the top? In the picture, it looks as if the top is still open and the wind got in there and stretched the shock cord. Is that what happened?
    I finally decided to sew the top closed and just use the zipper for entry/exit. During high winds, the top of the sock would open enough to become a parachute. I still like the TED method, but in cold windy conditions here in the mid west, it doesn't work well.

I also just like the zipper so much more now -- it's 7' long and lets me vent a little or a lot or just peek outside. I can turn it (the hammock) away from the wind unlike the top that catches the wind from any angle. It doesn't seem to affect condensation much. The little I get is caught by my breath mask thingie.

I can still step into the inside of the sock for clothes changing or to store stuff in the bottom portion of the sock. The water proof bottom works awesome in the snow - dwr material can still get wet if it contacts snow. I store my boots inside and while they're still cold in the morning, it's not near the cold shock in the morning if I left them outside.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

• + New Posts