Insulation
    EE RevX, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware, Trees
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brambor View Post
    Is there an estimate cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post

The price of a 4 door standard tarp will go up approximately $25-$30. I do not like raising the price of something that is already over priced as it is...but my hands are tied on this one. I will say this though, I am actually absorbing SOME of that price increase.

Puts a standard 4 season tarp at $324 -329 by my calculations
    Last edited by Black Foot; 11-16-2012 at 17:01.
    see you on the trail,
    Mike

#optoutside

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Baby Orca/Klymit
    Suspension
    straps/c buckles
    Images
    I'm interested.

I was going to order one of your cubens anyway, not sure about camo.
    But the .75 is ok with me.

I want one with doors, 2 ties outs on each side, preferably 12', but I'm ok with 10' 10" as well.
    Last edited by Dos; 11-17-2012 at 19:37.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

AT '12. AT '14. FT '15. CA '15.

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos View Post
    I'm interested.

I was going to order one of your cubens anyway, not sure about camo.
    But the .75 is ok with me.
    Already bought one myself too but if I hadn't I'd wait and get the camo, the .75 wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. Still pretty darn light and has all the benefits of Cuben (no stretch, no water absorption) ...

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Awesome offering Adam, this is something that is not offered by anyone else. Hope this leads to other color offerings????
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

I suspect I'd be interested in a 12' RL no doors tarp for my WBRR

By greener, would the pattern itself be greener or would the background material be green?

I'm interested to see how it turns out.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    I was planning on waiting until next spring but could come up with an order sooner if you need it to make your minimum order. PM me if you need it.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

It looks like .51 is available after all! :)

I got a bit of an update. They are making me three different "tints" of the camo pattern (all the same pattern though) and I should be getting them sometime this coming week (the photo samples, not the actual material).

Also, they also mentioned that they WILL be able to make it in our usual .51 material. I was glad to hear this as we have had great results with this thickness. We love the weight of it too!

I think I have enough interest here to warrant the minimum order required. I will make an option on our standard tarps that will allow for ordering the camo pattern via a drop down menu. I will do it when we launch the new site...or shortly thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankheadboy View Post
    Adam Happy late Birthday! How much would a winter palace cost in camo or can you make one in camo? That's on my wish list!
    Thanks Bankheadboy for the late bday wishes!

As I mentioned earlier, I am not 100% sure how much I am going to charge for the tarps. Full disclosure though...the material costs a full $5 more per meter than the standard color. I am really trying to keep the costs within reason but that kind of upcharge makes it challenging to say the least. I am hoping to have the pricing figured out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by rngn View Post
    Put me down for a 4 door cat cut camo cuben tarp with 12 foot ridge when i get back from Missouri hang i will pay for it .p.s. let me how to pay.
    thanks rngn. I will note your interest. Like I said just above, when it comes time to make the actual order, I will probably just have it up on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by dblhmmck View Post
    Although I would have preferred a non digitized camo, this is exciting news!

I will certainly want to buy one when they become available.
    Yeah, me too. Maybe if I start getting enough of this material I can find out what is involved with getting a better pattern. RealTree would be awesome....

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo18 View Post
    I will take a 4 door camo cuben will look great with the multicam quilts you made me thanks!
    I do believe you are right! Keep an eye on here and the website for availability.

Quote Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
    I am going to want one, but I would like to see some tarps before I decide which one, size, I want. Dang Noob's. I will know what I want after the first week of January if that helps in material planning.

Will you be able to see through this one too?
    They should be rolling out by then I would think. I am able to get the material around the middle of December. As soon as I get it, I know I am going to want to play with it and start making tarps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilmoigan View Post
    I'd be interested in a 4-door standard in the camo.
    Jus' sayin'.
    You sir will be one of the first in line! How the heck are you these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Gout View Post
    Just when you think you are out.....He drags you back in.... You are killing me Adam........

Quote Originally Posted by swankfly View Post
    Adam,

This is a print process? Whats the anticipated life span of the printing? What about polling for another pattern if available? The multicam is very popular right now.

Just a couple questions and thoughts...

swank
    I am not sure what the process is but I was promised that it does not add anything to the weight. Personally I can not see how that is possible. The "curious" in me will be asking them THAT question again. lol. As I mentioned, I would have liked more pattern options but I was only offered one... I am a fan of Multicam as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Foot View Post
    Puts a standard 4 season tarp at $324 -329 by my calculations
    Yep, That is probably where I am going to be. I would like to go lower but I can only absorb so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Already bought one myself too but if I hadn't I'd wait and get the camo, the .75 wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. Still pretty darn light and has all the benefits of Cuben (no stretch, no water absorption) ...
    Yay, I can get them made with the .51oz stuff. I think I might know someone that would buy that "old" HG tarp which might free up enough for a little something in camo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Awesome offering Adam, this is something that is not offered by anyone else. Hope this leads to other color offerings????
    Howdy CB! Yeah me too. I can already get a decent number of "colors". Of course the problem is that they are all so washed out. I am hoping the camo pattern shows enough to provide a bit of breakup to the solid colored panels. We shall see!

Quote Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    By greener, would the pattern itself be greener or would the background material be green?

I'm interested to see how it turns out.
    I think they are going to make the pattern itself a bit greener. I am not sure how it is going to work. (fingers crossed for good results)

Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    I was planning on waiting until next spring but could come up with an order sooner if you need it to make your minimum order. PM me if you need it.
    Thanks Nothermark. I am pretty sure I am going to go ahead and make the minimum order. You will be surprised how few tarps you can get out of 99 meters of cuben fiber...lol. Keep an eye on the website and this thread for updates.

Thanks for all of the input everyone. I will update this thread as I know more.

~Stormcrow
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    Can't think of a better reason to go ahead and purchase the Cuben. Subscribing to this thread to see the next set of samples.
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    I got a bit of an update. They are making me three different "tints" of the camo pattern (all the same pattern though) and I should be getting them sometime this coming week (the photo samples, not the actual material).

Also, they also mentioned that they WILL be able to make it in our usual .51 material. I was glad to hear this as we have had great results with this thickness. We love the weight of it too!
    ~Stormcrow
    Alright already!!! The availability of the 0.51 oz/sy option has TOTALLY SUCKED ME IN!

I would definitely go for 0.51 in the darkest tint available!
    Last edited by MAD777; 11-18-2012 at 09:52.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast