Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hennessey Explorer Ultralite

I've had my Explorer Ultralite for over a year now and have probably used it all total for six weeks. While out hiking the AT last month, I experienced a complete failure of the fabric where my fanny was situated (tore from bugnet to bugnet). No evidence of any tears before this, so not sure why this happened. Hennessey has not responded to any of my emails, so I'm wondering if others have experienced any similar problems with their Hennessey's? I certainly enjoy their hammock, but a bit perplexed on what happened with the hammock and their lack of response to my emails.

Thanks,

Ron

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Interesting! I have one and an Explorer deluxe. They are a few years old. Explorer I think I bought in 08 (first hammock). Never a problem with them.

Hennessey is usually really good at responses. Sorry to hear about this. From the feedback of others, they stand by their products very well. I am sure they will do you right if you get some contact.

Good luck! I hope they treat you right!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by richtorfla View Post
    Interesting! I have one and an Explorer deluxe. They are a few years old. Explorer I think I bought in 08 (first hammock). Never a problem with them.

Hennessey is usually really good at responses. Sorry to hear about this. From the feedback of others, they stand by their products very well. I am sure they will do you right if you get some contact.

Good luck! I hope they treat you right!
    Ditto that! I am still using ( on occasion ) an Expl UL that is 6 years old now, my 1st hammock. But I probably don't have as many nights in it as you do with yours.

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenderfoot View Post
    I've had my Explorer Ultralite for over a year now and have probably used it all total for six weeks. While out hiking the AT last month, I experienced a complete failure of the fabric where my fanny was situated (tore from bugnet to bugnet). No evidence of any tears before this, so not sure why this happened. Hennessey has not responded to any of my emails, so I'm wondering if others have experienced any similar problems with their Hennessey's? I certainly enjoy their hammock, but a bit perplexed on what happened with the hammock and their lack of response to my emails.

Thanks,

Ron
    If you e-mailed around the time of the October sale, it's completely understandable that your e-mail could have been missed, I'd try calling, they've been great to deal with for me.

Is this a review, or a complaint?
    It's listed under the reviews section, but certainly reads like it should be placed in the vendor specific section or else-where, but that's just my complaint.

I would offer that you try calling them. Out of maybe 30+ phone calls I've made to them in the past year, I've only been greeted by the voice mail system maybe 5 times.

I've even received phone calls from Tom directly on a Saturday, so I know they're dedicated to helping their customers out.
    We all know of the original "Walk off the war" thru-hike - but, check out these guys, they're helping folks 'walk off the war' today -
    Donate to help fund gear for the warriors who are coming back home and need help walking off the war!
    WarriorHike.com

Quote Originally Posted by WetRivrRat View Post
    Is this a review, or a complaint?
    It's listed under the reviews section, but certainly reads like it should be placed in the vendor specific section or else-where, but that's just my complaint.

I would offer that you try calling them. Out of maybe 30+ phone calls I've made to them in the past year, I've only been greeted by the voice mail system maybe 5 times.

I've even received phone calls from Tom directly on a Saturday, so I know they're dedicated to helping their customers out.
    Roger WetRivrRat - you are absolutely correct, guess that is why I'm a "junior" member of this site.

I'll give Hennessey a call on Monday - thanks.

i like their hammocks but sometimes it does take a while to hear back from customer service.

Finally connected with Hennessey - their email filter "filtered" me out. They quickly took good care of me and I'm now in possession of a new hammock.

Hammock
    HHBPUL, DD Frontline
    Tarp
    Stock Hennessy Tar
    Insulation
    Exped 9 DLX
    Suspension
    Big Butt Whoopies
    Glad it worked out for you! Happy hangin' and merry Christmas!
    Hangin' High and Dry

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Hennessey has always done good by me. I sure do love their hammocks.
    "No whining in the woods"

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast